Newman joins Stewart/Haas Racing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeFan14

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
The state above South Carolina
I guess the title says it all. If you don't like Stewart, Newman or NASCAR in general, please start a new thread to be a naysayer. This isn't/wasn't the purpose of this thread. Thanks, in advance, for not ruining our moment.:rolleyes:

I used to love rooting for Newman/Haas back in the CART days with the Andretti's. Always hated Penske.
Yeah, and this shows how little Penske appreciated what Ryan did for his Cup team. I can see how he wanted to leave so bad. Plus, having had Rusty Wallace and presently having Kurt Busch as teammate(s)...That's almost depressing.:(

Watching cars go in a circle is as fun as watching paint dry :)

btw wouldnt this topic be best in the Sports Area... (Regardless if I think NASCAR is even a sport or not)

Last edited:
Watching car's go in circle is as fun as watching paint dry :)

btw wouldnt this topic be best in the Sports Area... (Regardless if I think NASCAR is even a sport or not)
Cars...NOT car's. Circles..NOT circle.:eureka You seem like such a positive person..Were you just looking for negativity to spread? Who asked for your illiterate opinion, anyway?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The smilies indicate a joke, lighten up :) (although I assume your smilies were a joke to) Forgive me for adding a ' that truly makes me illiterate.

PS: I am a genius compared to most nascar fans :)

PSS: Why would it be Circles.. Im watching cars drive in a circle. Its only driving in 1 circle several times. Not multiple circles :)

Had I said "Watching the cars drive in a circle" or "Watching the car drive circles around the track" they would be different.

Pot meet Kettle :)

The smilies indicate a joke, lighten up :) (although I assume your smilies were a joke to) Forgive me for adding a ' that truly makes me illiterate.

PS: I am a genius compared to most nascar fans :)

PSS: Why would it be Circles.. Im watching cars drive in a circle. Its only driving in 1 circle several times. Not multiple circles :)

Had I said "Watching the cars drive in a circle" or "Watching the car drive circles around the track" they would be different.

Pot meet Kettle :)
Dude, I'm not mad about it..Circle is singular. Circles is plural. They don't drive 1 circle. That would be a 1 lap race..Anyway, 99% of the tracks aren't TRUE "circles". You're sentence read:"Watching car's go in circle is as fun as watching paint dry." Aside from the fact you made cars plural AND forgot the "a" (which I think MOST Nascar fans wouldn't do), I guess it depends on the structure or wording of the sentence, like you illustrated. I guess my ultimate point was in my first thread, if you even read it. I KNEW someone would be a naysayer. Why do people who don't like a certain "sport", (even I don't think it's a sport; it's an activity. When I drive to the store, that isn't a sport. Whether I drive 30mph or 200mph makes no difference) HAVE to say they don't like it. Why even respond at all? Why not just look at the thread and say, "Nascar sucks" to yourself and move on. I think baseball and football are lazy/boring/slow sports, but I don't go into every thread about football and baseball and give my opinion unless it's asked for. Why waste my time? If I see those topics, I skip them.
PS- I'm not your average Nascar fan.;) And speaking of "police"; I think this is ok to be in the chit-chat area. I'm chit-chatting about Nascar news. Kettle meet pot..:)

Now that we have had our english lesson of the day, can we get back on topic?
Absolutely! Just understand, I'm not gonna sit around and get bashed and not retaliate! Just like 7up; never have, never will..I had my IP banned from AVS Forums. This one guy kept on and on and on and on. He just couldn't quit bashing me on EVERY thread I either posted or replied to. I finally had enough and the filter over my mouth was removed, so here I am.

Last edited:
I read Matt Borland (who is now Competition Director for Haas) will likely be the Crew Chief for Ryan in the #4 car and Darian Grubb (who took over for Chad Knaus while suspended and won with Jimmie Johnson during that time, and is now Crew Chief for Casey Mears) might be Crew Chief for Tony in the #14 car, IF he can leave Hendrick, that is. I'm stoked, either way. Ryan not being in the top 35 in points shouldn't be an issue with his past qualifying efforts being taken into consideration. Plus, running Hendrick engines won't hurt. One thing's for sure, it won't be the same Haas we're used to seeing finish 30th or worse.:up Not all drivers are created equal.

Dude, I'm not mad about it..Circle is singular. Circles is plural. They don't drive 1 circle. That would be a 1 lap race..Anyway, 99% of the tracks aren't TRUE "circles". You're sentence read:"Watching car's go in circle is as fun as watching paint dry." Aside from the fact you made cars plural AND forgot the "a" (which I think MOST Nascar fans wouldn't do), I guess it depends on the structure or wording of the sentence, like you illustrated. I guess my ultimate point was in my first thread, if you even read it. I KNEW someone would be a naysayer. Why do people who don't like a certain "sport", (even I don't think it's a sport; it's an activity. When I drive to the store, that isn't a sport. Whether I drive 30mph or 200mph makes no difference) HAVE to say they don't like it. Why even respond at all? Why not just look at the thread and say, "Nascar sucks" to yourself and move on. I think baseball and football are lazy/boring/slow sports, but I don't go into every thread about football and baseball and give my opinion unless it's asked for. Why waste my time? If I see those topics, I skip them.
PS- I'm not your average Nascar fan.;) And speaking of "police"; I think this is ok to be in the chit-chat area. I'm chit-chatting about Nascar news. Kettle meet pot..:)

I agree baseball is boring to. My post about Nascar not being a sport was a meant to be just a lil joke, the real point was the final sentence stating this should be in the sports area. As this is a chit-chat about a sport, (but its Ironic because its not a "sport") now do you get the joke :) ?

PS: Most nascar fans would not make that mistake you're correct. Most can barely speak proper english let alone write it :)

"Ya'll gonna be havin one them there race's today? Yee Haww" :D

PSS: Looks like the Grammar police and topic police got us today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts