News apps

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
Any idea why I can stream some International news apps on the computer (legal apps), but yet those apps are not on the Fire TV or Roku. One is the ABC News from Australia. I can get the streaming news directly from the ABC on the computer, but not local nets,Those are only available in Australia. But the International news is available, but again no apps for the Roku or Fire Stick. Is licensing different for something like a Roku/Fire stick that just streaming it on the computer? There are so many rules these days or why or why not the viewer cannot get a channel. Fortunately I can cast via Chromecast to the TV easily. But it would be nice to see that directly on the Roku/Firestick. New Zealand is another. Thanks.

I think it is as simple as those apps aren't being written for the Roku or Fire TV. Remember that Roku, Apple, Fire TV, DISH don't write the apps, the originating provider does. If that provider doesn't see an advantage to writing it they won't waste their time.

I think it is as simple as those apps aren't being written for the Roku or Fire TV. Remember that Roku, Apple, Fire TV, DISH don't write the apps, the originating provider does. If that provider doesn't see an advantage to writing it they won't waste their time.

Thanks.

There's probably a better chance that a news aggregator app like News On would come along (if it doesn't already exist) to offer a selection of international news broadcasts. I doubt there's really enough demand, or even content, to make it worth it to the original news content provider to develop their own app. Most of my local news channels still don't have their own Roku app, just Android/iOS.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts