News/ Fox "Definitely" Interested in Prison Break's Return, Wentworth Miller Reveals

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Fox "Definitely" Interested in Prison Break's Return, Wentworth Miller Reveals
Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell are ready to head back to Prison.Six years after playing brothers Michael and Lincoln on Fox's hit series Prison Break, the actors are reuniting on the CW's The Flash as villains Captain Cold and Heatwave. But when we sat down with the pair at the 2015 Winter TCA Press Tour, Miller and Purcell revealed that they are ready to bring Prison Break back from the dead."We actually floated the idea to Fox very casually and they seemed very not casual about this interest," Miller exclusively tells E! News. "They seemed to think there was something there."While Miller and Purcell are definitely in for a potential return, they've yet to reach out to any other cast members, with Miller saying, "We haven't reached out to anyone just yet. It's just baby steps at this point, early stages." But "It's something that Fox is, as Wentworth said, potentially excited about," Purcell says, with Miller quickly adding, "Maybe definitely excited about. Maybe definitely."Prison Break wouldn't be the first beloved series to be revived by Fox as 24 returned as a limited series event last season, "a model" Miller could see the show following."To go back and do something like we did at the end of season four, where there were those two standalone episodes were Sarah was in trouble; it was like a hidden chapter, we didn't know this, but we're going to share this with you, wouldn't it be cool to go back and layer one of those things in. Like another standalone chapter, this is what you didn't see before," Miller says. "Or a where are they now, it's five years later, limited series kind of thing. I think that'd be really cool."While the series ended its four-season run in 2009, Miller says, "I I have fans coming up to me every day who are watching the show right now. And they are asking me about things that happened in season one that I can't even remember shooting!"In addition to the feedback from longtime fans, as well as new viewers discovering the series for the first time through Netflix, Miller credits his upcoming onscreen reunion with Purcell on The Flash for sparking his interest in revisiting the Prison Break world."When I got back together with Dom and were spending time together on set and having so much fun and all these memories came back to me, I thought wouldn't it be cool if we could potentially revisit that world? And I think that's a really smart model. You've got a show that worked and worked well and made its mark."Would you watch a Prison Break limited series return? Sound off in the comments! http://www.eonline.com/news/613405/...rison-break-s-return-wentworth-miller-reveals

Prison Break 'Sequel' Event Series Officially Ordered at Fox https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/prison-break-sequel-event-series-162010839.html
Fox is finally confirming what TVLine reported in early June: Prison Break is returning to Fox in 2016 as a 10-episode event series.“It’s going to bring back both brothers, [played by] Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell,” Chairman and CEO Gary Newman announced at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday.Added Co-Chairman and CEO Dana Walden: “I would describe it as a bit of a sequel. It picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show. The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. I don’t think [exec producer] Paul [Scheuring] knows exactly where he’s going over the 10-episode arc, but it definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series for a new audience.”Regarding the fact that Miller’s Michael perished in 2009’s Prison Break: The Final Break, Newman quipped that that particular plot point would be “ignored,” while Walden explained, “What [Paul] pitched to us was a very logical and believable — in the world of Prison Break — explanation for why our characters are alive and still moving around the world.”
Press PLAY below to hear what Miller and Purcell had to say about the new Prison Break series last month at Comic-Con.......

Prison Break 'Sequel' Event Series Officially Ordered at Fox https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/prison-break-sequel-event-series-162010839.html
Fox is finally confirming what TVLine reported in early June: Prison Break is returning to Fox in 2016 as a 10-episode event series.“It’s going to bring back both brothers, [played by] Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell,” Chairman and CEO Gary Newman announced at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday.Added Co-Chairman and CEO Dana Walden: “I would describe it as a bit of a sequel. It picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show. The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. I don’t think [exec producer] Paul [Scheuring] knows exactly where he’s going over the 10-episode arc, but it definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series for a new audience.”Regarding the fact that Miller’s Michael perished in 2009’s Prison Break: The Final Break, Newman quipped that that particular plot point would be “ignored,” while Walden explained, “What [Paul] pitched to us was a very logical and believable — in the world of Prison Break — explanation for why our characters are alive and still moving around the world.”
Press PLAY below to hear what Miller and Purcell had to say about the new Prison Break series last month at Comic-Con.......

Dominic Purcell Promises Prison Break Revival Will "Make Sense" for the Fans http://www.eonline.com/news/686297/...on-break-revival-will-make-sense-for-the-fans
Reboots and revivals are all the rave right now on TV, but one series that fans are unequivocally excited about is Prison Break.After months and months of speculation, Fox finally announced that a Prison Break limited series is in development, with both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell set to return as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows. But Purcell revealed to E! News that he actually knew about this revival a long time ago."It's very exciting. It's been in the works for a while now," Purcell tells E! News. "Wentworth and I were aware of it about three months ago, or actually way before that. And we're just stoked. We're very, very happy to come back. I know the fans have been wanting that and we have too."