Last Comic Standing

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Does anyone know if this one will be back this summer? I know it was technically cancelled after last summer but this one has risen from the grave more than once.

NBC?s reality series Last Comic Standing will return this coming summer for an eighth season with standup Wanda Sykes as executive producer.

deadline.com

Link is not to LCS. Seems to be a current article.

Thanks for the heads up. I will set the Hopper now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Next month, NBC returns Last Comic Standing, with new judges Barr, Wayans, and Russell Peters, new host JB Smoove , new format, new celebrity guests, and invitation-only auditions. This reality television talent show aired its first seven seasons from 2003 to 2010. Last November, NBC announced the show’s latest 13 episode order. Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Prods. executive produce for Universal Television through their deal with the studio, along with The Marriage Ref‘s Javier Winnik.
Today, exec producer Page Hurwitz thanked NBC for “letting us retool the format,” promising “the judges exclusively are making the decisions about who moves forward” and that she and Skyes personally auditioned and chose the 100 people competing in this edition. “We think ultimately we are going to have a much better show,” Hurwitz said.

deadline.com

Deadline: NBC’s ‘Last Comic Standing’ Hit With Editors Strike

EXCLUSIVE: Just more than a month before its reboot is set to debut, NBC‘s Last Comic Standing today has been knocked down by a labor action. About 15 editors and assistant editors walked off the job today in a no-joke strike organized by the Motion Picture Editors Guild, IATSE Local 700, I’ve learned. Hired by NBC Studios on a non-union basis, the editors are seeking a union contract that includes industry-standard health insurance and pension benefits.

deadline.com

Post Crew On NBC’s ‘Last Comic Standing’ Win IATSE Contract

No joke — the strike is over. After a day-and-a-half labor action on the part of the Motion Picture Editors Guild, IATSE Local 700, the postproduction crew of Last Comic Standing now have a union contract, I’ve learned. With that over, everybody is heading back to work tomorrow on the soon-to-debut NBCreboot. The roughly 15 editors, assistant editors and other briefly striking post employees have won the health and retirement benefits plus vacation and holiday pay they sought when they walked out on Monday.

deadline.com

The more I watch Rod-man, the more I like him. He was hilarious with Ellen. Right now, he's the funniest.

S~

Next Episode: Season 08, Episode 12

Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Finals- Top 5 to 4": The five remaining contestants perform for the judges; the top four comics are determined.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts