News Now On in HD...Channel called "HDNews"...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Have you noticed that much of the HD clips say "Courtesy of HDNET"? I've heard several say we'll never get HDNET becuase Cuban is anti-voom, but if he's willing to share content with VOOM he can't be that much against us.

Saw the clips from the Oscars last night. The also added stuff from the red carpet. It was well put.

I also saw the ESPN-HD highlights of last nights college basketball HD games.

HDNEWS Moved "HDN" Logo??

Well on Monday I was complaining that the logo seemed too flushed to the right cutting a little bit off the "N" in the HDN logo.

I was watching last night and it seems that they have moved the logo to the left more.

Today, HDnews made a nice highlight of different sports. It included boxing highlight in HD from Comcast Net. Cool..

Have you noticed, they are now using moving cameras in the studio? Looks much better than steady shots!

Unfortunately they are still having sound problems on HDN: the sound jumps from one channel to another all the time. This was a problem on HDN for some time. I don't understand why can't they fix it???

Ilya said:
Have you noticed, they are now using moving cameras in the studio? Looks much better than steady shots!

Unfortunately they are still having sound problems on HDN: the sound jumps from one channel to another all the time. This was a problem on HDN for some time. I don't understand why can't they fix it???

I wish they would get rid of the big *HDN* logo on the screen. It could be very damaging to our big screens!

Two more new features on HDnews that I saw. One was that in the weather map they showed small graphics of the cities (4 of them) that showed the temperature for each city.

The other while the news anchor was talking the had one of the TVs (in the background) showing VIDEO that was HD.

HDnews to cover Bryant case as well

Source

The media organizations covering the Bryant case now number about 70, according to Wayne Wicks, who is coordinating the Bryant media consortium on a variety of logistical issues.

"It has been growing steadily. I bet we're going to hit 100, the way it's going," said Wicks.

"I was called the other day by a producer for Voom who said 'We're coming out there,' " he said. "I said, 'What's Voom?' Turns out it's a new network, out of Los Angeles, all high-definition TV."

HDNews Digital Sound out of Sync

I am watching HDnews right now and there is a lag of sound in the right back channel speaker; the left back does not have any sound. The front sound is out of sync with the back speaker. Let me know if you hear the same.

It was gone but now it's back! The speaker in the back is out of sync with front speaker. Ah... It looks like when the anchor comes up the problem is there but when the weather comes the problem is gone. It might just a bad HD recording for a segment. Now she came back and it is ok...

Sean, are you really getting sound coming out of your sink??? Is it DD 5.1? My toilet gurgled this morning but it certainly wasn't anything even approximating the news. <G> :D:eek::confused::D

AndyMon said:
Sean, are you really getting sound coming out of your sink??? Is it DD 5.1? My toilet gurgled this morning but it certainly wasn't anything even approximating the news. <G> :D:eek::confused::D
Yeahhhh :D

I've noticed on my Samsung OTA rx that it's easy to get the sound out of sync with the video just by taking a single drop out. Things get back in sync quickly if I change channels and come back. If I have a solid signal then the sound is always dead on. My Voom is supposed to be installed this coming Monday..... can't wait.

I got the following information regarding HDnews:

Regarding the Audio Drop:

There have been some issues with the configuration of the surround sound. The audio dropout issue is one of them; it has to do with the playback servers and their encoding & decoding algorithms - rest assured the problems are being dealt with everyday.

More HD Videos
There are a few more news bureaus scheduled to kick off soon, so more and more HD video will be in the newscast.

Information Bar like CNN/FOX

Testing being done on the "info-bar" news pop-up style banner on the bottom of the screen (probably April).