News Now On in HD...Channel called "HDNews"...

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Newsbyte-HD may start on Feb 1, 2004 at 6am?

I looked at the schedule on www.zap2it.com and the description of Newsbyte changed as of 2/1/04 at 6am from "Live Weather Updates National, regional, local and world. HDTV" to "News Headlines, Weather, Sports, Business News (News) Produced and presented in High Definition. HDTV"

This may be an indication that the Weather Map may be over and we are about to get HD news soon...

Just got home and this is a good surprise. Haven't turned my TV on yet. But I will and provide some pictures. So stay tune if you don't have VOOM.

I have watched a limited amount of minutes.The channel name is "HDNews" so "NewBytes" name is gone. Like others have said a HeadLine type of News format.

So far reports:

1 - North Carolina Democratic Candidate Forum
2 - Michael Jackson use Soda cans
3 - Statue of Liberty Re-openning
4 - Weather Reports
5 - Saturday's Ski Report Resorts Table
6 - NBA All Star Line Up table
7 - Rangers Highlights
8 - NY Knicks Rpt on Allan Houston injury
9 - HD Entertainment leaving his violin in Amtrak Train (No Video)
10-Ann Miler Funeral (No video)
11-HD Photo from John Kerry to Martha Stewart's Trial
12-Business Rpt (No video)
13-Later there will be a report on California.
14-Columbia Anniversary Rpt (no video)

These have repeated a few times so far as I have been writing these notes. No commercial but there are highlights of Monsters-HD. Where I have said no video, there was no HD video; Everything else has had an HD video highlight.

This is a good start but you know we will be crying soon for more HD video. :)

P.S. Audio is DD5.1

Attachments

• MVC-905F.JPG
    MVC-905F.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 406
  • MVC-907F.JPG
    MVC-907F.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 310
  • MVC-910F.JPG
    MVC-910F.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 297
  • MVC-911F.JPG
    MVC-911F.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 430
The sports hightlights (two) one is the rangers and the other is the Knicks are coming from msg-hd or foxsportnet-hd on cablevision.

I just turned on my satellite and there it was. The new HDNews channel. It was a very pleasant surprise. Keep them coming Voom. If they do this a couple more times with new channels looks like I'll stick around for awhile.

Once HD becomes more of a norm then this channel will probably have a name change. This sounds like a channel that I would enjoy since I watch CNN Headline News a good bit but is not worth getting the service for just a few good channels I would be interested in.

They just added the california news report about how tough it has been for californians who lost homes due to fire to rebuild. Another anchor has taken control. A new addition -- a science report.

Seeing how excited we're all getting over a news channel, maybe VOOM should trickle the channels out. If they dropped a bunch on us at once it would blow our minds.

The news looks great, but isn't it odd to watch the anchor turn that little wheel? I guess he's controlling the teleprompter, but it sure looks funny to me. It's a little distracting once you notice it.

Maybe he's playing pong on another monitor while he's doing the news. :p

Geno,

I just noticed it. I do not know if the previous anchor did that as well. Also, has he introduced himself? I do not think he said his name once. The HD video looks splendid. I loved the Knicks highlights (a few seconds) but it showed that msg/fxsportnet hd does an excellent job. Hey! they are just starting and I expect them to get better at it. That essay of L.I. NY winter looked fabulous!! I know I will love this channel if VOOM stars adding more and more hd video news.

HDNews Operational 1/31

:D Want to see World News in HD? Voom's menu for 100 Newsbyte still shows Live Weather Update, but is actually displaying HD News along with HD Weather (50 / 50 split). Picture is beatiful and a pleasing to the eye. Check it out and enjoy.

Another point for Voom...now if they can get some of the other HD channels before we early adopter's trial period expires.

I think it is a pretty effective channel even if some of the news is skewed to go with the fantastc visuals, e.g., QE II.

Geno said:
The news looks great, but isn't it odd to watch the anchor turn that little wheel? I guess he's controlling the teleprompter, but it sure looks funny to me. It's a little distracting once you notice it.

Maybe he's playing pong on another monitor while he's doing the news. :p

Geno, LOL, When I saw this channel go live I couldn't help focusing on what the heck that dude was doing with the little device in his hand. Of course in SD it would have all been a blur and I wouldn't have noticed or cared ;-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts