News on EuroNews?

AlexTheOne

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
Does anyone know if EuroNews is now really active and available? I know it was postponed and scheduled for Dec 5 launch...I called and talked with 4 different tech. CSRs and none of them could give me the real answer...for most, it took forever to pull/find the channel and then some only found it as the part of International packages, now they added a note on my account and told me to call each week to check on it?!!

All I am interested is "a-la-carte" option in English and to know how much and how to get it. I saw posting listing price range from $1.99 to $20.

Also I know that with Dish 1000 (110/119/129) I need to find the way to "see" 61.5/118.7 or 148 in order to get EuroNews so what is the better option: to go with the second dish or try to get Dish 1000+ (off which most of CSRs did not know anything about). Finally how much this usually would cost to install?

Thanks.

kenny911: Thanks for the pricing info.

dfecarter: Yes, EuroNews is offered in English. The channel comes from Europe and it is actually available in 6 different languages at the same time (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Russian). The channel number differs depending from the satellite you get it. More info here:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/channels/indexpackage.asp?NetwID=52157

Now...up until now I did not have a lot of luck in getting more info from E*'s CSR hence my posting.

Does anyone know if EuroNews is now really active and available? I know it was postponed and scheduled for Dec 5 launch...I called and talked with 4 different tech. CSRs and none of them could give me the real answer...for most, it took forever to pull/find the channel and then some only found it as the part of International packages, now they added a note on my account and told me to call each week to check on it?!!

All I am interested is "a-la-carte" option in English and to know how much and how to get it. I saw posting listing price range from $1.99 to $20.

Also I know that with Dish 1000 (110/119/129) I need to find the way to "see" 61.5/118.7 or 148 in order to get EuroNews so what is the better option: to go with the second dish or try to get Dish 1000+ (off which most of CSRs did not know anything about). Finally how much this usually would cost to install?

Thanks.

Make sure you get the dish that points to your language. They put 148 on my house and the German track is on 118.7 :mad:

Make sure you get the dish that points to your language. They put 148 on my house and the German track is on 118.7 :mad:

For German they should have pointed you to the 61.5 or 121. Call & complain that they fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts