NewsDay calls again

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
Got a call a few minutes ago from Newsday and gave my two cents worth concerning the Voom news. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Hi Indy!

Saw your Post and since I was called on their last Article and quoted I expected a call, too. Just got off the phone and shared my views that this service named VOOM was not going to be replaced and it could be five years before any service has 39 HD channels again! He said I see that the VOOM subscribers seem very passionate about this service. I said yes we are like the TiVo group (I have had DVR' since 1999). I explained how last night Wife was watching the NBA on VOOM and decided to watch a recorded show (LOST) on TiVo (we have DirecTV,too) and then go back to one of the games. After viewing that show she said lets go back the the NBA game and I went to channel 245 on DirecTV. First thing she said was what happened to the picture? I said I forgot to go to TNT HD on VOOM! What a difference. I then asked the Reporter if he had a HD TV? The reply was "No" and he even said he had never seen an HD picture! He did say he had a friend that had one! Big problem, we needed a true HD fanatic like most here to tell our story!

Just finished talking to them as well. When asked why were VOOM subs so passionate about VOOM? I told him that it was not necessary the brand/company but the Service. If D* or E* or C* could provide the same package of HD channels anyone of us would jump without hesitation. Among other things, I told him that for the progress of High Definition it just pushes the progress backwards. In my opinion at least a year to two years when another provider can provide 30+ National HD channels. Only HD enthusiasts lose on this*.

*P.S. I am talking on the customer side. I am sympathetic to anyone who has to lose their job because of this.

I forgot to add im my first post the reporter said she will give me a call again in a few days. Does she know something we don't? Also, Sean if you could, change Newsweek to Newsday in my thread title. I tried but could not affect the change. Thanks.

Sean Mota said:
Just finished talking to them as well. When asked why were VOOM subs so passionate about VOOM? I told him that it was not necessary the brand/company but the Service. If D* or E* or C* could provide the same package of HD channels anyone of us would jump without hesitation. Among other things, I told him that for the progress of High Definition it just pushes the progress backwards. In my opinion at least a year to two years when another provider can provide 30+ National HD channels. Only HD enthusiasts lose on this*.
DITTO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)