Newsnet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is always confusing when someone starts the post in the subject and continues on into the body of the post. It's harder when the fundamental rules of English grammar are ignored.

I give some credit for taking some care in identifying the station in question and noting that it is a low-power station that few have any hope of receiving the broadcasts from.

I just checked out NewsNet's website (yournewsnet.com) and I like their concept. I cut the cord a few months ago, and while I can get 24-hour news channels (CBSN, ABC News, etc.) on my Fire Stick, it sounds pretty cool to have one OTA (even if it's in 480i). Too bad they're not coming to the New York City market as of now.

Reactions: N5XZS
Would be nice if they come to Albuquerque's TV market or even better on FTA Ku band satellite!:hungry
Don't hold your breath:
NewNet Mission Statement said:
NewsNet is the only 24/7 news channel built from the ground up with over-the-air broadcasters in mind, offering quality news content for the cord-cutting age, and we’re partnering with local TV stations across the country to bring that content to your viewers.
The other issue is that the format demands local news at the :15s and :45s and that would presumably be blank at the top level.

While receipt of FTA is free after a significant initial investment, uplinking will always cost money and FTA is simply not a good way to target CONUS patrons.

Just wondering if Hearst, Hubbard and Nexstar have any interest by putting the news video clips on any low power stations or full power on any subchannels in Albuquerque's TV market? Just curious.:)

I know it's an independent news channel and is just a subchannel but the whole graphics/presentation/set etc looks as cheap as chips and so basic. It looks more like a local news channel

I know it's an independent news channel and is just a subchannel but the whole graphics/presentation/set etc looks as cheap as chips and so basic. It looks more like a local news channel
Focusing on the news rather than trying to build drama and effects around it is something we could perhaps all benefit from.

Reactions: LIantenna585
Focusing on the news rather than trying to build drama and effects around it is something we could perhaps all benefit from.

79284D91-853D-44BA-BCA9-7AC735BAC3D7.gif

Reactions: localclassictvfan