Newsroom on HBO

Ill may record 1st episode but probably will pass after thats based on this reviews on this havent been good and looks to be too much of a political agenda show for me :)

I never care one whit about 'reviews' as I've found them to not be all that accurate as to which show or movie I will like. What they think makes a good show just doesn't match up to what I want in a show.

This may or may not turn out to be one I will follow, but with HBO and dramas, I'm more than willing to give it a chance.

Ill give it an episode or 2 but if it turns into a political agenda ideological show I'm done with it :)

Timer set, I will check it out Jeff Daniels is not only a local guy, but I think a pretty good actor as well!

It was better than I thought it would be so I will give it a few more episodes to see :)

It was better than I thought it would be but if it gets poilitcal ideological I am gone from this :)

It is a show about modern media news like CNN.

The whole idea of "political ideological" is very very heavily promoted by news channels like CNN.

Who do you think will be discussing the 2016 election the first Wednesday in November ? CNN and the other news channels who will then discuss it 24 hours a day for the next four years.

If this show is not "political ideological" then it will be a complete failure as a show about news.

I thought the show was pretty good. It shows just how stupid cable news has become and it also shows that cable news could do a whole lot better if they put some effort into their newscasts.

It felt a little dated to me. Like Keith Olberman two years ago. I will give it a couple of more episodes, before I decide whether to delete the timer or not.

So here I am sitting a little stunned after watching the second episode of Newsroom. As much as I loved the pilot of this program, I HATED the second episode to the extent that I sat there slack-jawed for much of the program. As I type, it is still playing with the most insipid and uninteresting dialog clattering away at Sorkin's frantic pace. I guess after last week's explosive start to the series he had to step back a bit and do a little character development. But Oh--My ---God what a ridiculous set of soap opera situations he built around these great characters and what utter disappointment by me, the viewer.

I generally like Aaron Sorkin's stuff, espacially The West Wing. I will give this series the chance it deserves, but if there are more episodes like this, where I start using the skip button when I've had enough of arguments between characters about totally irrelevant personal (character) stuff, I may miss and hit the delete button instead!

So here I am sitting a little stunned after watching the second episode of Newsroom. As much as I loved the pilot of this program, I HATED the second episode to the extent that I sat there slack-jawed for much of the program. As I type, it is still playing with the most insipid and uninteresting dialog clattering away at Sorkin's frantic pace. I guess after last week's explosive start to the series he had to step back a bit and do a little character development. But Oh--My ---God what a ridiculous set of soap opera situations he built around these great characters and what utter disappointment by me, the viewer.

I generally like Aaron Sorkin's stuff, espacially The West Wing. I will give this series the chance it deserves, but if there are more episodes like this, where I start using the skip button when I've had enough of arguments between characters about totally irrelevant personal (character) stuff, I may miss and hit the delete button instead!

I hated this episode also i almost fell asleep on it :)

I couldn't get through more than 5 minutes of the show , without feeling bored and irritated. So I deleted the timer . I don't want to hear long, lengthy, editorials coming from each character , every time one of them opens their mouths. The whole show felt dated to me, possibly because they are using real life stories from two years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)