Nexstar, DISH Network reach multi-year agreement

I got my NBC local back but not FOX local. The FOX local is also operated by Nexstar and the two stations are shown as sister stations. I don't understand why I got one and not the other.
We're you going by guide only? Nothing was showing for our Fox this AM but it was on.

I got my Fox back but not my ABC. They're both Nexstar, and ABC has been off since the summer.
Are you sure the ABC station is Nexstar? Since it's been off since the summer. Look at the bottom of the stations website and it should say. I don't know where you live or what ABC station's call letters to help you. Also does your ABC station still have the Dish/ Nexstar disclaimer about the dispute?

Are you sure the ABC station is Nexstar? Since it's been off since the summer. Look at the bottom of the stations website and it should say. I don't know where you live or what ABC station's call letters to help you. Also does your ABC station still have the Dish/ Nexstar disclaimer about the dispute?

My bad, the dispute is with Mission. The station is WUTR Utica NY. I believe both WFXV the Fox and WUTR Abc are both locally run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons
They dropped alot more than 196...nexstar also controls mission broadcasting amongst other shell companies...you can argue all day long in you if you want but at the end of the day the price of locals will increase
I fully expect the locals fee will increase at some point, but that increase will not tell us what the Nexstar settlement was as you claimed. And Nexstar owns or manages 197 stations, but only 164 of them plus WGN were involved in this dispute. Dish has still not settled with Mission Broadcasting...

I fully expect the locals fee will increase at some point, but that increase will not tell us what the Nexstar settlement was as you claimed. And Nexstar owns or manages 197 stations, but only 164 of them plus WGN were involved in this dispute. Dish has still not settled with Mission Broadcasting...

Nextar controls roughly 1 thousand stations.. something called a lma( local management agreement).. they use shell companies to get over fcc ownership agreements...you just have to do a little math when the price for locals goes up later this year

They dropped alot more than 196...nexstar also controls mission broadcasting amongst other shell companies...you can argue all day long in you if you want but at the end of the day the price of locals will increase
Actually, not until January 14th. ;)
Nextar controls roughly 1 thousand stations.. something called a lma( local management agreement).. they use shell companies to get over fcc ownership agreements...you just have to do a little math when the price for locals goes up later this year
No, I don't expect the price to increase next week.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
So the list Nexstar says includes ALL stations they own or manage is wrong? Your claiming Nexstar owns or controls over half of all full power stations in the US, and that just isn't true. Do your homework...

"Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 197 television stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets or approximately 63% of all US television households including 122 local web sites and 316 local news and weather mobile apps."

So the list Nexstar says includes ALL stations they own or manage is wrong? Your claiming Nexstar owns or controls over half of all full power stations in the US, and that just isn't true. Do your homework...

"Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 197 television stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets or approximately 63% of all US television households including 122 local web sites and 316 local news and weather mobile apps."

Look up mission broadcasting...nexstar handles those too

Reactions: budhead151
We're you going by guide only? Nothing was showing for our Fox this AM but it was on.
Like I posted earlier, Nexstar operates both my local NBC and FOX stations. The NBC local is now up and running as a result of this agreement but FOX has been down for months and is still down. The guide shows no programming and the station itself shows access to fox programming through the options of OTA antenna and the Fox app.

The FOX station is shown as owned by Warwick Communications but operated by Nexstar. The FOX local webpage shows the local NBC station as a "sister" station.

The info page also says that the NBC local is owned by Nexstar. Since they are related stations, and both operated by Nexstar, I don't understand why I still don't have FOX. It must be something local because the disagreement between the FOX local and Dish has been going on for many months so I don't see it getting resolved at all. The NBC dispute only lasted a month or so.

The other thing causing this may be that even though they are both operated by Nexstar and are sister stations, the fact that the FOX local is actually owned by Warwick may be the kicker.

Reactions: Juan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)