Nexstar dispute looming...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Two in my area----WDVM and WDCW. Thank god for OTA but the lack ofa guide will be annoying. I guess I can change ny CW timers to the Baltimore station which I get OTA.

Two in my area----WDVM and WDCW. Thank god for OTA but the lack ofa guide will be annoying. I guess I can change ny CW timers to the Baltimore station which I get OTA.
Is your OTA guide already missing for these channels? If you still have OTA guide data now, then that was the entire point of this uplink: to ensure that you will continue to have this same guide data stream after the locals get pulled off the satellite.

Today, Dish uplinked a bunch of separate OTA guide data streams, and removed the OTA mapdowns from the satellite-delivered feeds of the Nexstar-owned stations:

So by now, we all know what this means: Dish is preparing for yet another local channel dispute.

Fortunately I get KOIN/KRCW OTA here. If Dish takes the guides down, I can relay on the guide with my ReCast that gives me an accurate 2 week guide, for free.

Is your OTA guide already missing for these channels? If you still have OTA guide data now, then that was the entire point of this uplink: to ensure that you will continue to have this same guide data stream after the locals get pulled off the satellite.

Yes, the guides under both KOIN-6 and KRCW-32 are both gone, but with my old Dish receiver, the 6/32 guides were not accurate anyway, so no loss there. At least the stations are still free OTA.

Reactions: pattykay
Today, Dish uplinked a bunch of separate OTA guide data streams, and removed the OTA mapdowns from the satellite-delivered feeds of the Nexstar-owned stations:

So by now, we all know what this means: Dish is preparing for yet another local channel dispute.

Also Nexstar owns stations like KTLA-LA and WGN-IL, so we may lose those too. According to the wesite Nexstar owns 197 stations that makes them the biggest owner TV stations. No good for many Dish customers.

I have two stations in my area too. WOODTV (NBC) and WOTV (ABC}. ☹️☹️

I have a 722k and antenna not working. Think the 300 to 75ohm wire broke loose. Guess I'm going up on my roof this weekend to get it working just in case. :censored:censored

Also Nexstar owns stations like KTLA-LA and WGN-IL, so we may lose those too. According to the wesite Nexstar owns 197 stations that makes them the biggest owner TV stations. No good for many Dish customers.
Yes, I noticed that on the list, also. So, we just went through one superstation dispute with WPIX (Scripps) and now there may soon be a dispute involving KTLA and KWGN. If so, then that would mean all of the former Tribune-owned superstations would have been taken down again due to a dispute over a relatively short time-frame, even though they now have different owners. Let's not forget that we actually did lose all three of those at the same time once before, during the Tribune dispute in 2016.

At our Vermont dual DMA service address, we could lose one of our two ABC stations and both Fox stations. The ABC station and one of the Fox stations are available OTA though, so it's not really a problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The only Nexstar station in my DMA is an ABC affiliate which we never watch. Won't matter much to me but I do have a Dish supplied OTA antenna if I change my mind.

Nexstar owns about 131 of the 197 stations, with the rest owned by others but under management agreements with Nexstar. Nexstar typically negotiates retrans agreements for all of them though.

WCMH channel 4 in Columbus, Ohio is a NBC affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group. However, I have not seen any indication that Dish is going to lose this channel.

WCMH-TV, virtual channel 4 (UHF digital channel 14), is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Columbus, Ohio, United States. The station is owned by Nexstar Media Group. WCMH-TV's studios are located on Olentangy River Road near the Ohio State University campus, and its transmitter is located on Twin Rivers Drive, west of downtown Columbus.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

The scroll on my local cbs says December 2nd. Kxmb in Bismarck is on vhf and the signal bounces off everything. Nearly impossible to receive it in town a couple miles from the tower. This is now the 4th dish dispute that affects a channel I watch quite a bit, so I’m probably done. It is getting real annoying having to find streaming alternatives because someone is negotiating over nickels.

Yeah, WGN channel 9 in Chicago has had a crawl. And DishPromise.com has been updated to reflect the forthcoming dispute

WCMH channel 4 in Columbus, Ohio is a NBC affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group. However, I have not seen any indication that Dish is going to lose this channel.

WCMH-TV, virtual channel 4 (UHF digital channel 14), is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Columbus, Ohio, United States. The station is owned by Nexstar Media Group. WCMH-TV's studios are located on Olentangy River Road near the Ohio State University campus, and its transmitter is located on Twin Rivers Drive, west of downtown Columbus.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
WCMH Columbus just started their warning banner today.

Reactions: dweber
Well I guess this one's going to be BIG one. I'm watching the Lions vs Texans game and I haven't seen the scroll yet BUT I checked WKRG's website and they have in BOLD letters and a red banner that it's going to happen December 2nd. So I will be losing two stations because the CW station is it's affiliate.
z71150600.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
  • Love
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts