nexstar dropped channel not showing with ota scan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

niceguypmp3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2013
south central iowa
I lost my local NBC channel with the dispute and i can get it on my tv ota. i got the ota dual tuner dongle for my hopper but when i do a channel scan my local nbc channel(s) don't appear. If i do the scan on my tv, then i get a strong signal but with the dongle it doesn't even show it whatsoever. Is this because it is currently a dropped channel? I wish there was a way to manually add it. This makes no sense to me, it should show up! It also has 3 subchannels that none of them appear but do on my tv's tuner. Other channels show that are a weak signal on both tuners. Anyone have any thoughts???

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
I lost my local NBC channel with the dispute and i can get it on my tv ota. i got the ota dual tuner dongle for my hopper but when i do a channel scan my local nbc channel(s) don't appear. If i do the scan on my tv, then i get a strong signal but with the dongle it doesn't even show it whatsoever. Is this because it is currently a dropped channel? I wish there was a way to manually add it. This makes no sense to me, it should show up! It also has 3 subchannels that none of them appear but do on my tv's tuner. Other channels show that are a weak signal on both tuners. Anyone have any thoughts???
That's not why. I've put in a half dozen OTA's that all picked up the local Nexstar channels that were dropped

Have you power cycled your Hopper?

Have you tried multiple scans at different times of the day or night? Sometimes the Hopper OTA scan can be finicky.

i moved my antenna and now it picked it up but it's not a very strong signal whereas it is on my tv :( . I guess i'll just have to deal with watching it live if a show is on. otherwise i'd have to get a better ota antenna.

i moved my antenna and now it picked it up but it's not a very strong signal whereas it is on my tv :( . I guess i'll just have to deal with watching it live if a show is on. otherwise i'd have to get a better ota antenna.
The Hopper definitely isn't as strong as the OEM TV Tuner in your TV in most cases

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)