Nexstar Email Response

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I haven't been with Dish very long but was with DTV for 20 years...That price is going to come anyway from Dish if they're like DTV. Does Dish reduce your bill for any channel lost?
Directv was known for just accepting the increase. Dish is known to fight. They have very different models until recently when Directv realized they can’t keep doing that. Hence why Tegna is off them right now.

Except that there are still millions where OTA is not an option and who can't get reliable high speed internet to stream. Their only option for TV is from satellite.
That doesn’t addrsss what was said though. Just because millions rely on it, doesn’t mean that the ratings are lower. For the same reasons listed above, hence they should be broken up and the limits put in place or imports allowed. I prefer the import idea as that is free trade rather than government intervention.

I understand but disagree. Dish, Direct, cable are a dying breed likely to be a niche market as time goes on. Right now I keep it because of convenience. Getting OTA, streaming, selecting premiums from Prime, Netflix, finding another DVR solution, etc are a little more hassle but can be done. It boils down to what you’re willing to pay for ease of use. I’m paying and will continue to pay as long as Dish keeps me on promo pricing.
Well stated MrDRC and I concur. I love Hopper 3 DVR ease of use. I will stay with DISH to the bitter end even if I don't get promo pricing. Until someone can make streaming to be user friendly DVR like the Hopper 3 I will never leave DISH. Who knows, maybe DISH will come out with a Super Duper Hopper 3.2 that will work with Charlie's new 5G system.

I haven't been with Dish very long but was with DTV for 20 years...That price is going to come anyway from Dish if they're like DTV. Does Dish reduce your bill for any channel lost?
They often do if you ask. I left DISH in October. Other than 2 miserable years with Directv, I have had satellite for 17 years.

DISH installed an antenna for me 3 or 4 years ago in a dispute. Free and I still have it, and it works fine.

Aaaaannnnnd today I have my first OTA Installs since the last time locals were taken down

Mildly OT, but is the Dish OTA antenna any good? I'm already doing fine with my OTA setup, but my brother's house isn't situated as well for reception. He just got offered the free OTA antenna thanks to two different disputes affecting Charlotte locals now. What model antenna are you installing these days?

Mildly OT, but is the Dish OTA antenna any good? I'm already doing fine with my OTA setup, but my brother's house isn't situated as well for reception. He just got offered the free OTA antenna thanks to two different disputes affecting Charlotte locals now. What model antenna are you installing these days?
They put one in for me and I like it. Better than the $20 one from Walmart.

Reactions: HipKat and DWS44
The DISH OTA antenna works fine. Some issues every once in awhile if we have thunder and lightening - very rare for my area, but works wonderfully.

Reactions: DWS44
I still have the Televes and Lark Adapters. Monday is my warehouse day so I'll if that's what they still send us

I just got one of these in Charlotte. It's an RCA Ant indoor antenna. I live in Mint Hill and it's useless. I switched back to my Db4. I plan to call them and see what they else they can offer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWS44
Ahh...if it's just an indoor antenna, probably not even worth bothering. :(
If you live close enough to the stations, that is all Dish will offer you. It all depends on distance, and what antenna you are predicted to actually "need." For those farther away from the stations, Dish will spring for the outdoor antennas, out to the point where you are predicted to not receive a reliable OTA signal. For subscribers beyond that point, Dish feels they can justify not sending the antenna at all. (I still say that any OTA reception is better than no OTA reception at all. Also, those prediction models can be unreliable. Therefore, Dish is likely denying antennas to some subscribers who could actually benefit from an antenna, while installing them for other subscribers who cannot actually get the signal.)

Years ago, Dish sent me the free indoor OTA antenna due to a dispute with my local Fox affiliate. (This is the same station that is currently blacked out due to the Nexstar dispute.) That antenna did not work for me, near the outer fringe of the Cleveland, Ohio market. However, it may work for someone who is close enough to their stations. (The antenna did work for some nearby locals that I can receive with just about any type of antenna, but no luck for anything farther away than that.) I still have this amplified indoor antenna that Dish sent me. In another thread, I offered to send it for free to anyone who needs it because they are missing local channels on Dish. Just pay a small amount for shipping. That may be a lot less hassle than waiting on the phone (or in the chat queue) to try to get a free one from Dish, while they are still swamped with people calling them about this dispute.

If you live close enough to the stations, that is all Dish will offer you. It all depends on distance, and what antenna you are predicted to actually "need." For those farther away from the stations, Dish will spring for the outdoor antennas, out to the point where you are predicted to not receive a reliable OTA signal. For subscribers beyond that point, Dish feels they can justify not sending the antenna at all. (I still say that any OTA reception is better than no OTA reception at all. Also, those prediction models can be unreliable. Therefore, Dish is likely denying antennas to some subscribers who could actually benefit from an antenna, while installing them for other subscribers who cannot actually get the signal.)

Years ago, Dish sent me the free indoor OTA antenna due to a dispute with my local Fox affiliate. (This is the same station that is currently blacked out due to the Nexstar dispute.) That antenna did not work for me, near the outer fringe of the Cleveland, Ohio market. However, it may work for someone who is close enough to their stations. (The antenna did work for some nearby locals that I can receive with just about any type of antenna, but no luck for anything farther away than that.) I still have this amplified indoor antenna that Dish sent me. In another thread, I offered to send it for free to anyone who needs it because they are missing local channels on Dish. Just pay a small amount for shipping. That may be a lot less hassle than waiting on the phone (or in the chat queue) to try to get a free one from Dish, while they are still swamped with people calling them about this dispute.
I don't know how Dish determines what antenna to send. In the Charlotte area I'm 30 miles from the Fox, CBS and NBC transmitters. I'm now missing 2 locals (Fox & ABC) due to disputes. An indoor antenna just doesn't work for me.

This is what Dish installed for me during a Meredith and then a FOX dispute at the same time. Turned off locals and never looked back
20190812_090947.jpg

20190812_090936.jpg

Three of our stations broadcast on VHF... 8, 10 and 12...showing the need for the dipoles. I'm ~30 miles from the transmitters.

Directv was known for just accepting the increase. Dish is known to fight. They have very different models until recently when Directv realized they can’t keep doing that. Hence why Tegna is off them right now.
Nexstar was not one DTV for a whole summer last year.

I don't know how Dish determines what antenna to send. In the Charlotte area I'm 30 miles from the Fox, CBS and NBC transmitters. I'm now missing 2 locals (Fox & ABC) due to disputes. An indoor antenna just doesn't work for me.

I just got off the phone with Dish retention and can confirm that the Charlotte NC area only gets the indoor antenna I mentioned previously. I did get a one time credit of $30 and Dish Silver Protection plan free for 3 months. The rep thinks I can use the plan to get an outdoor antenna installed. I'm not sure he is correct.

Nexstar vs Dish is a whole bunch of BS. Nexstar is a master of false narrative (aka fake news). Dish has open lines of communication and broadcasts regularly on the removed channels as to WHY the channels are removed. You can vent your frustrations on the Dish (contact us) web site. Nexstar puts you in their revolving door never giving you the opportunity to "Contact them". Nexstar has conveniently and cleverly deflected all negative frustrated customers responses back to Dish, when in-fact it is Nexstar making the unreasonable demands on Dish and the local stations which have been pulled from Dish. Nexstar "Pay up and up and up or get pulled from the Nexstar "favored" list. Money buys you a ticket to the show. Nexstar is fast becoming a monopoly and will soon control the airwaves. If it weren't for the Nexstar lobbyists in congress, the FCC would be pulling Nexstar into congress by the short hairs telling them to break their monopoly or great broken up like ATT had to do. Nexstar shares are starting to fall because of all the negative publicity. For those of you who are taking Nexstar side, don't be bamboozled by their clever lies and misinformation campaign. In the end, we all will be paying more and getting less unless we ALL cry "foul". Same on you Nexstar!

Nexstar vs Dish is a whole bunch of BS. Nexstar is a master of false narrative (aka fake news). Dish has open lines of communication and broadcasts regularly on the removed channels as to WHY the channels are removed. You can vent your frustrations on the Dish (contact us) web site. Nexstar puts you in their revolving door never giving you the opportunity to "Contact them". Nexstar has conveniently and cleverly deflected all negative frustrated customers responses back to Dish, when in-fact it is Nexstar making the unreasonable demands on Dish and the local stations which have been pulled from Dish. Nexstar "Pay up and up and up or get pulled from the Nexstar "favored" list. Money buys you a ticket to the show. Nexstar is fast becoming a monopoly and will soon control the airwaves. If it weren't for the Nexstar lobbyists in congress, the FCC would be pulling Nexstar into congress by the short hairs telling them to break their monopoly or great broken up like ATT had to do. Nexstar shares are starting to fall because of all the negative publicity. For those of you who are taking Nexstar side, don't be bamboozled by their clever lies and misinformation campaign. In the end, we all will be paying more and getting less unless we ALL cry "foul". Same on you Nexstar!
If you think Nexstar is the only company in this dispute putting out a "false narrative", I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
That doesn’t addrsss what was said though. Just because millions rely on it, doesn’t mean that the ratings are lower. For the same reasons listed above, hence they should be broken up and the limits put in place or imports allowed. I prefer the import idea as that is free trade rather than government intervention.
IMO, Charging some for a service that's provided free to others should be illegal.

logically, re-transmitters (Dish, Direct. Cable) are expanding the reach and increasing the audience of these channels and ostensibly providing greater advertising revenue at no cost to them. It should be the broadcasters that pay the re-transmitters.

IMO, Charging some for a service that's provided free to others should be illegal.

logically, re-transmitters (Dish, Direct. Cable) are expanding the reach and increasing the audience of these channels and ostensibly providing greater advertising revenue at no cost to them. It should be the broadcasters that pay the re-transmitters.
I don’t disagree with you. The problem became when providers were benefitting off the locals as well.
I still like my idea. Keep must carry. Channel owners cannot own more than 22 stations in the country, and cannot own more than 2 locals in a single DMA. Also, they cannot, in any way, combine their locals with any other venture such as... I don’t know... RSNs. Either that or remove DMA requirements and remove the ability for the regional specific contracts with the major players(Disney, CBS-Viacom, and Comcast) for their channels to be affiliated in specific DMAs. Force the affiliates to compete against each other, and tv will get affordable again. MTVAA

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)