Nexstar Media Group forces blackout of nearly 5.4 million DISH customers

Our CBS station (owned by NexStar) is back on Dish but the ABC station is still running the "KAMC removed ABC 28".

KAMC is owned by Mission Broadcasting but is operated by Nexstar under a local marketing agreement.

All of the changes necessary to restore all of those Nexstar channels must have crashed James Long's uplink computer. The last update currently on his site is from 12/23/2020.
Uplink reports are working again. Does anyone have any clue what the heck was going on with channel 821 this morning? These changes occurred amidst all of the Nexstar-related uplinks:

New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels Available
821 NATVS CLAN (Spanish) added to 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden) AVAILABLE EPG linked to 110° TP 9 Ch 821

Uplinks Removed
821 CLAN CLAN (Spanish) removed from 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden)

821 CLAN CLAN (Spanish) added to 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden) AVAILABLE EPG linked to 110° TP 9 Ch 821

Uplinks Removed
821 NATVS CLAN (Spanish) removed from 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden)

821 INFO CLAN (Spanish) added to 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited) EPG linked to 110° TP 9 Ch 821 – DRM

Uplinks Removed

(Compiled from various uplink reports in the early morning hours, 12/25/2020.)

The interesting thing is that NATVS (which was apparently temporarily available) was the EPG indicator for NatureVision, when Dish still carried that as a streaming-only channel. I used to receive it in my International Basic subscription, until Dish dropped it. I am also pretty sure that I had been receiving CLAN on channel 821 as part of my Latino Bonus Pack subscription before all of these changes happened. Now, the end result of these changes is that I no longer even see channel 821 in my guide anymore, even though I still subscribe to both packages that used to include this channel. (these channels?)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
All I was saying it would be nice if Dish’s blackouts were shorter like Directv. Dish still has yet to agree to bring back the Fox Sports Nets.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
That’s simple. Because they are not going to. The Bally sports channels don’t generate enough business that even the streaming companies have dropped them.

Uplink reports are working again. Does anyone have any clue what the heck was going on with channel 821 this morning? These changes occurred amidst all of the Nexstar-related uplinks:
Someone from Dish must have read my post. A little over an hour after I posted this, another uplink happened, which restored my ability to receive channel 821:

821 CLAN CLAN (Spanish) added to 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden) AVAILABLE EPG linked to 110° TP 9 Ch 821

Uplinks Removed
821 INFO CLAN (Spanish) removed from 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden)

821 NATVS CLAN (Spanish) added to 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden) AVAILABLE EPG linked to 110° TP 9 Ch 821

Uplinks Removed

Uplinks Removed
821 NATVS CLAN (Spanish) removed from 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden)

821 INFO CLAN (Spanish) added to 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited) EPG linked to 110° TP 9 Ch 821 – DRM

Uplinks Removed

(Compiled from various uplink reports in the early morning hours, 12/25/2020.)

The interesting thing is that NATVS (which was apparently temporarily available) was the EPG indicator for NatureVision, when Dish still carried that as a streaming-only channel. I used to receive it in my International Basic subscription, until Dish dropped it. I am also pretty sure that I had been receiving CLAN on channel 821 as part of my Latino Bonus Pack subscription before all of these changes happened. Now, the end result of these changes is that I no longer even see channel 821 in my guide anymore, even though I still subscribe to both packages that used to include this channel. (these channels?)
I don't bother with them. I rely on you to decipher all the mumbo jumbo and post it on the Dish thread. (it's really because I don't understand it):):coco

Reactions: pattykay
Someone from Dish must have read my post. A little over an hour after I posted this, another uplink happened, which restored my ability to receive channel 821:

Uplinks Removed
821 INFO CLAN (Spanish) removed from 72.7° TP 15 (SD MPEG4 Hidden)
No!!!!!!!:eeek

No!!!!!!!:eeek
You wanted to see me continue to complain about missing it constantly? ;) Actually, I will be dropping Latino Bonus Pack tomorrow, so it is kind of a moot point anyway. It was just that Dish happened to take this channel away from me a couple of days early, before bringing it right back. The timing was also suspicious, since it happened at the exact same time as the Nexstar uplinks. So, I have to wonder if Nexstar owns this channel and/or if Dish thought that there was something in their brand-new contract that would prevent Dish from continuing to carry it, before they caught their mistake. If it is a Nexstar channel, the timing is especially weird, since this channel had just recently been added as a replacement channel when Cbeebies was lost. So, Dish reaches a deal with Nexstar to carry this channel, right before all of the other Nexstar channels get dropped, continues to carry this channel throughout that entire dispute, and then immediately drops it (although only temporarily) when they have a new deal with Nexstar to bring back all of the dropped channels??? Weird!

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)