Nexstar/Mission/White Knight dispute with DIRECTV

Hello WPIX, KTLA, WPHL, WGN, KDAF, KIAH and other Nexstar owned/run CW/MNT/Ind stations! Hopefully this means satellite customers will soon at least have access to their CW affiliates too via the app along with NewsNation.

Attachments

• KTLA.jpg
    KTLA.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 57
  • WPIX.jpg
    WPIX.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 55
  • WPHL.jpg
    WPHL.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 62
  • WGN.jpg
    WGN.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 65
  • KDAF.jpg
    KDAF.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 68
  • KIAH.jpg
    KIAH.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
For those who haven't been checking the TPN map thread, Mission & White Knight stations in both HD and SD are now showing the offline slate normally seen on alternate sports channels.
Do any of you think this means something?

I don't know. The Mission station in my area has been showing a Directv logo instead of the usual dispute slate all day.

Yeah, that direcTV logo is the offline slate (net 15, TID 132, PID 1700). It's to designate a channel as being Inactive or Offline.
And it's been more then all day, it's been since at least the latest TPN map data grab 2 days ago.

Stream customers are redirected to the dispute1 slate when they try to access a Mission/White Knight station. For sat customers they never implemented that redirect for Mission/White Knight, only for Nexstar when they were down, so it's clearly an oversight as no deal has been signed with either of Nexstar's shell companies. (Plus some of those streams are still showing test patterns instead of actual programming) So it's probably best not to continue to bring it up if you still want to be able to watch said programming without an antenna until the rest of the dispute is resolved...

EDIT: And as expected, the Mission/White Knight stations are now redirecting to the dispute slate on the app for satellite customers too

Yep, they're adding other Nexstar-owned CW/MyNetworkTV/Ind stations as well in their respective markets like WPHL Philly, WPIX NYC, KDAF Dallas, KIAH Houston, WGN Chicago, etc.
EDIT: I entered an LA ZIP code on https://streamtv.directv.com/channels/ and did not see KTLA as an available local. Hopefully they will fix that soon.

Last edited: