next 12 hd lil markets?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
rad said:
Longhorn, how much of a priority is D* going to place on getting LA and NYC customers up on the new dish/STB for MPEG4? Since they are DMA 1 and 2 you'd assume that they would be next, but since they already have the big four up on MPEG2 for HD will D* put a priority on 3 through 12 and just do LA and NYC eventually?

NY and LA will be getting the new dish and boxes from the start. I'm just saying that once customers within the NY and LA market get their dish and boxes swapped out they will start viewing their HD locals in MPEG4. But they must still keep the HD locals in MPEG2 also for those living outside of the NY and LA Dmas who have distant networks.

So NY and LA will get upgraded right away along with the other ten markets.
The NY and LA locals will be in both MPEG2 and MPEG4 to handle customers within the two DMAs and for those with waivers.

austen0316 said:
hey longhorn, so there not going to be doing any other lil hd in any others dmas this year? I'm in philly and was hoping maybe nov. or dec. i would have them :(

I'm expecting that if SW2 goes up on schedule that the top 30 markets will be up and running with the big 4 networks before the start of the second quarter of 2006. It could be quicker depending on how quick customers hardware can be swapped.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts