Next 921 software release today?

T

the_tx_dude

Jan 20, 2004
Kingwood, Texas
When i was discussing why my PPV wasn't working on my primary 921 receiver with a Dish techie he mentioned that a new software release is coming thursday (today). Take that for what its worth because we all know they aren't always coordinated with the latest info there.

M

markdl

Sep 8, 2003
There is not a public 921 software release today. Soon, but not today.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am looking forward to the upgrade, as Mark Lamutt said at DBSTalk the new software is a night and day difference, so it must be good!

M

mfrodsha

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 12, 2004
I've heard April 11 as the magic number.

A_Noland

A_Noland

SatelliteGuys Regular
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Owasso, OK
mfrodsha said:
I've heard April 11 as the magic number.

The 11th is a Sunday. Past experince has shown that releases come on Thrusday or Friday. So lets hope the 8th or 9th brings us an update.

T

Tahoerob

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2003
Hayden, ID
A_Noland said:
The 11th is a Sunday. Past experince has shown that releases come on Thrusday or Friday. So lets hope the 8th or 9th brings us an update.

Hear, hear. I would like to not see the gray X screen of reboot!! :)

B

BOTWHORT

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 17, 2004
Scott Greczkowski said:
I am looking forward to the upgrade, as Mark Lamutt said at DBSTalk the new software is a night and day difference, so it must be good!
Promised myself I wouldn't torture myself but,
Do you suppose, that they may be, could be, possibly be, waiting for the software before releasing the 921 ?
Cause the only night and day difference for me is that during the day I can see clearly the empty space for my 921 in my video cabinet; and at night I need to switch on the light so as to clearly see the empty space for my 921 in my video cabinet.

Mark_AR

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
The day and night difference for me would be that I would not need to switch on the light at night to find the POWER button to do a RESET or to rip out the smart card because it got bunged up once again.

Hoping and waiting.....

T

Tahoerob

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2003
Hayden, ID
Mark_AR said:
The day and night difference for me would be that I would not need to switch on the light at night to find the POWER button to do a RESET or to rip out the smart card because it got bunged up once again.

Hoping and waiting.....
Heck, I have learned to do that with my eyes closed! :D