Next Charlie Chat?

I can tell you the main theme unless he has something different for 2004-

He has replaced his "we're the leader in HDTV" to:
"Tune in next month when we'll have more about new HDTV offerings and the 921."

I just spoke with one of my contacts who tells me to expect some surprises.

They are going to try to stay a step ahead of Rupert and DirecTV. Ultimately this battle will be good for all customers.

Scott Greczkowski said:

They are going to try to stay a step ahead of Rupert and DirecTV. Ultimately this battle will be good for all customers.
what?!? more home shopping channels? :twisted: :twisted:

Scott Greczkowski said:

:eek: Funny

There is a distinct cycle with a period of about one month and occurring just before C Chats where this phrase gets thrown out.

Oh well, I'm still waiting for Starz HD to see the light of a Dish Network day.

"Special CC guest... Here to launch the Playboy HD on Dish is Lil' Kim. See her in a revealing interview on PB this month!!"

<Charlie> "Kim, Do you play poker?" :)

gpflepsen said:
"Special CC guest... Here to launch the Playboy HD on Dish is Lil' Kim. See her in a revealing interview on PB this month!!"

<Charlie> "Kim, Do you play poker?" :)

ROTFL - now that is funny!

Scott Greczkowski said:
This week is CES though so the element of Surprise is definately a possibility. :D

Yes, the 1241 receiver, a four tuner DISH HD receiver will win best of show for its well designed plastic case and stylish mockup of input and output ports. No one will even pretend to turn it on. Estimated shipping date is 2010, but only to a "very limited and select group of subscribers". Four to one signal combiner to support the 1241 to be shipping by 2012.

--- WCS

Don Landis said:
I can tell you the main theme unless he has something different for 2004-

He has replaced his "we're the leader in HDTV" to:
"Tune in next month when we'll have more about new HDTV offerings and the 921."

I expect lots of whining about Turner/Viacom deals, plugs for subscription sports packages (NBA/NHL) and more announcements of superdish locals with 2-3 month waits for installs. No mention of HD, except perhaps to say SHO and HBO now on 110.

--- WCS

Scott Greczkowski said:

Same story, different day. Don't anyone get their hopes up. Do we EVER have any surprises on a Chat?

E* PR 'surprises' = nothing we don't already know.

Surprise, Surprise!

The 921 receiver is now released! I expect to add more HD content, when some more compelling content becomes available. Tune in next month for more info.

gpflepsen said:
There is a distinct cycle with a period of about one month and occurring just before C Chats where this phrase gets thrown out.
Speaking of cycles, I've noticed a trend. Given any particular CC, the 2 weeks before the chat we all complain about what Charlie will say and how nothing eventful will happen. The following two week, we all complain about what Charlie did say and how nothing eventful will happen. Rinse. Repeat. :)

Well, it better be more than Starz HD, Bravo HD, and Max HD... we've been waiting for THAT "surprise" a few months now.

cdru said:
Speaking of cycles... the 2 weeks before... we all complain about... The following two week, we all complain about ...

That's a different 28 day cycle noted by bitchin' and monin' :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts