Next Google Nexus Phone

And now it's official: according to Eric Schmidt, October/November is the time frame for Ice Cream sandwich release
Eric Schmidt: Ice Cream Sandwich to be released in October / November | This is my next...

That must be the time the next Nexus will be shown off.
I just hope it won't take 6+ months (like with Gingerbread) between the time Schmidt said and actual shipment...

It could be an interesting holiday season!

Diogen.

I would just like to see Gingerbread on my current phone first.

Most ARM quad-core CPU talk of the last few months revolved around NVidia's Kal-El (Tegra-3?).
But there are quite a few ARM license holders that will have similar plans.

Qualcomm, MS' favorite chipmaker for its WP7 phones, just entered that quad-core game
Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon roadmap, 2.5GHz CPUs coming early next year -- Engadget

There will most likely be very little interest to these CPUs for Gingerbread and Ice Cream Android phones,
but for the next Jelly Bean handsets this could be the perfect fit...

Diogen.

Talking about the spec competition: The LG LU6200 is right up there...
It even includes its new tech screen at 720p in addition to dual-core 1.5GHz CPU, 4.5" screen, LTE (up to 75Mbps), etc.
And preorders start in a week...

What looked like an extraordinary spec-wise phone when this thread started some 3 months ago, is not an exception anymore by any measure...

Diogen.

EDIT:
Apple calls a Retina Display anything with pixel density of at least 300ppi (pixel per inch). The iPhone4 has 326ppi.
In order to match this density with 720p (16:9 screen, what most Androids have) the screen size can be 4.9" (300ppi).
To match the iPhone 4 with 326ppi the screen should be 4.5"(!)...

While on the RD topic, if Apple wants to use this pitch on their next phone, its screen size should be under 4" diagonally, since in Apple's traditional 3:2 AR the 4" size means 299ppi...

Last edited:
Rumored hands-on with the Nexus Prime (aka Galaxy Nexus)
Anonymous 4chan user goes hands-on with Nexus Prime - GSMArena.com news

Pretty much what has been leaked before: 4.65", 8.8 mm, 1280x720(800), metal body,
130-140 grams, curved glass, SAMOLED+, 2000mAh battery, dual core 1.5GHz Exynos CPU...

It probably won't be 4G out of the gate, Samsung had to use a Qualcomm CPU for that in the Galaxy SII...

Diogen.

The Nexus might have a competitor in terms of hidef screen: the above mentioned LG
Lg optimus lte pictures and specs leaked- The Inquirer
So far it is reportedly a Korea-only model and will come with Gingerbread (upgrade to ICS expected later).

And just to show what's coming next, specs of the Galaxy S III have been leaked
Samsung galaxy s iii specs surface- The Inquirer

Screen resolution sounds strange, but quad-core 2GHz? We haven't heard even about tablets with those specs...
Could be the specs of the next Nexus, i.e. the 2012 model...:)

Diogen.

As expected...
Google / Samsung holding event on October 11th, Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus coming? | This is my next...

samsung-invite-ctia.jpg

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)