Next on FOX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I've seen a couple of trailers in the last week for "Next" on FOX. It looks pretty interesting.

Reactions: N6BY
I will be recording it. Probably wait to see what the reviews are like before watching.
I thought about that. But I rarely agree with TV or Movie reviews. I'll just watch the first couple of episodes and decide if I'll continue from there.

I set a timer for this, and a soon-to-be-deleted timer for “Pandora”.

Spoiler! The killed off Dr. Phlox! I think this was a good start, keeping the timer.

The Pandora timer isn't long for the world, it's basically teen angst in space with aliens.

I predict this new series will negatively impact Alexa sales. I like the way they came up with such a similar sounding name for the device used in the series - "Ilizia".

Also, was it just me or did anyone else have trouble hearing the dialog? I had to turn on closed captioning.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I was watching this using the Fox App on the TV upstairs which has a speaker base. It sounded fine to me. I also recorded it on my Hopper 3 via PrimeTime Anytime and I haven’t listened to see if the audio is different.

I don’t think enough people will watch this to make an impact on any Smart Speaker sales. I did make sure when I bought my smart speakers that they can’t listen!

Of course, I do have a smartphone, so I know the potential of Evil AI listening in is there…

Makes for good TV, though. “Trouble with bullies at school? I can help you with that.”

I was watching this using the Fox App on the TV upstairs which has a speaker base. It sounded fine to me. I also recorded it on my Hopper 3 via PrimeTime Anytime and I haven’t listened to see if the audio is different.

I don’t think enough people will watch this to make an impact on any Smart Speaker sales. I did make sure when I bought my smart speakers that they can’t listen!

Of course, I do have a smartphone, so I know the potential of Evil AI listening in is there…

Makes for good TV, though. “Trouble with bullies at school? I can help you with that.”
At least it's something NEW.:)

Reactions: Foxbat
The 3rd episode is available on the FoxNow App. You’re right, I don’t remember it being on my local Fox, and I have just the two episodes recorded on my Hopper.

No wonder the numbers are lousy; How can they expect anyone to watch a show if they don’t broadcast it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)