Next on FOX

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I've seen a couple of trailers in the last week for "Next" on FOX. It looks pretty interesting.

Reactions: N6BY
I will be recording it. Probably wait to see what the reviews are like before watching.
I thought about that. But I rarely agree with TV or Movie reviews. I'll just watch the first couple of episodes and decide if I'll continue from there.

I set a timer for this, and a soon-to-be-deleted timer for “Pandora”.

Spoiler! The killed off Dr. Phlox! I think this was a good start, keeping the timer.

The Pandora timer isn't long for the world, it's basically teen angst in space with aliens.

I predict this new series will negatively impact Alexa sales. I like the way they came up with such a similar sounding name for the device used in the series - "Ilizia".

Also, was it just me or did anyone else have trouble hearing the dialog? I had to turn on closed captioning.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I was watching this using the Fox App on the TV upstairs which has a speaker base. It sounded fine to me. I also recorded it on my Hopper 3 via PrimeTime Anytime and I haven’t listened to see if the audio is different.

I don’t think enough people will watch this to make an impact on any Smart Speaker sales. I did make sure when I bought my smart speakers that they can’t listen!

Of course, I do have a smartphone, so I know the potential of Evil AI listening in is there…

Makes for good TV, though. “Trouble with bullies at school? I can help you with that.”

I was watching this using the Fox App on the TV upstairs which has a speaker base. It sounded fine to me. I also recorded it on my Hopper 3 via PrimeTime Anytime and I haven’t listened to see if the audio is different.

I don’t think enough people will watch this to make an impact on any Smart Speaker sales. I did make sure when I bought my smart speakers that they can’t listen!

Of course, I do have a smartphone, so I know the potential of Evil AI listening in is there…

Makes for good TV, though. “Trouble with bullies at school? I can help you with that.”
At least it's something NEW.:)

Reactions: Foxbat
The 3rd episode is available on the FoxNow App. You’re right, I don’t remember it being on my local Fox, and I have just the two episodes recorded on my Hopper.

No wonder the numbers are lousy; How can they expect anyone to watch a show if they don’t broadcast it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)