Next...on The Deadliest Catch

Good episode. Sure looks like both of the Jakes learned quite a bit in the trade. Anyone heard who is going to replace captain Phil?

Haven't heard.

I did like the Jakes exchange. I loved watching Jake Harris trying to cook breakfast in 30ft rolling seas! Jake Anderson's turn at the rail with the hook, really showed how far he has come along since we met him as a greenhorn.

Captain Keith is not coming off very well this season...at all.

I've got to think that these guys are just sick and tired of having the camera crews around. Maybe that is part of what is happening with Keith.

I've got to think that these guys are just sick and tired of having the camera crews around. Maybe that is part of what is happening with Keith.

No. I think the producers decided they needed a villain, and paid Keith a bit extra to come off as the bad guy. Reality my butt cheeks. It's whatever the producers think will sell.

You may be right. I guess a lot is in the editing anyway. Not too much that is "real"

5/04/2010 Bering Sea Swim Club

Captain Sig and Captain Phil liaison to reclaim their junior deckhands with a high seas transfer. But when the young crew members submerge themselves in the bitter, treacherous tides - the plan quickly spins out of control.

5/04/2010 Bering Sea Swim Club

Captain Sig and Captain Phil liaison to reclaim their junior deckhands with a high seas transfer. But when the young crew members submerge themselves in the bitter, treacherous tides - the plan quickly spins out of control.

It was really lame that they opened the previous episode with this, and then it didn't happen. They seem to do that a couple times per season.

Agree. I thought it was strange that they previewed the next show at the beginning of last week's episode. I hope there is more to this episode than just the exchange of the Jakes.

It was really lame that they opened the previous episode with this, and then it didn't happen. They seem to do that a couple times per season.

I agree. When something goes wrong, they try to milk it for 3-4 episodes. Like the Katmai sinking last year. Or the Wizard's deckhands getting beat up putting that tarp on. Just show us what happened and move on.

Interesting episode this week with dangerous exchange of the Jakes, and some back story on Northwestern's Nick, who always seemed to have a smile on his face-until this season.

They seem to be going back in earlier than I thought they would.

Tuesday May 10:

As the boats finish up King Crab season, Sig decides to head back out to the lonely expanses of the northern Bering Sea - despite protests from Edgar and the crew - to hunt down the fabled blue King crab. Nothing seems to go right aboard the Kodiak and the Harris family feud is anything but over.

Great episode with a dark feeling. The Harris brothers feud looks like it will boil up to the point where Phil gets sick.

I'm reading Sig's book right now and I'm at point in it where he talks about his dad leaving the fleet and going off looking for blue crab.

Where was Keith this week?

Yeah, Keith wasn't even on screen.

I don't really understand this blue crab thing. Seems like a losing project to me.

May 18:

A white knuckle, boat-crippling passage stands between the Time Bandit and their final offload. A maniacal skipper continues to risk mutiny in the far northern reaches of the Bering Sea. Meanwhile, Captain Phil has to deal with an major engineering glitch that threatens Cornelia Marie's entire King crab catch.

WATCH FOR:

* Johnathan risks it all on dangerous passage.
* How far can Sig push his crew?
* Losing power in a raging storm pushes Cornelia Marie to the limits.
* Woe to the surly Wizard greenhorn.

May 25

WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER

While the Cornelia Marie spends precious time undergoing repairs after a collision with a reef, the other boats head out to the Opilio crab grounds. When massive ice storms cover their already top-heavy boats with ice, the captains are forced to dump icy pots far from their honey holes - or capsize.

WATCH FOR:

* How badly damaged is Capt. Phil's boat?
* Sig promises Edgar something he can't deliver.
* The Time Bandit's greenhorn dreams of solid ground.
* Deckhands risk their lives to free their boats from ice.

To me the ice is the scariest part of this profession. I'd be scared to death about the top heavy aspect of the ice.

Me too! We've seen hammer away on the ice that builds up on the boat. I've wanted to know, why they don't use blow torches.

Either the ice so is thick, they can't go through it, or the Captains are afraid of a fire on board.

June 1

WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE

The pot stacks keep turning into frozen mountains and days of ice bashing has the entire fleet fighting to stay in action. On the Northwestern, the exhausted crew struggles to keep up with Captain Sig's maniacal pace. The other boats face their own challenges from chronic pain to shell-shocked greenhorns.

WATCH FOR:

* One deckhand pays the price in blood.
* The Kodiak crew finds mathematics a challenge.
* The Cornelia Marie wheelhouse becomes a house of pain.
* Greenhorns can't find any sympathy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)