Next software upgrade for 811?

J

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2004
When I last spoke to rep. from Executive office, he told me there were 2 more software upgrades for 811(P268 in May & P269 in June). Has anyone heard any more specific dates? Thanks.

BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
The 921 and 811 are expected to get software updates in June for OTA Guide data and the update for the 811 would be 267 and will probably show up more towards the end of the month. I think the 811 should be getting OpenTV as well as guide data but I'm not sure what else.

SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
Generally speaking, the software arrives when it arrives. Even insiders never really know. I've seen them spool software when they said they wouldn't, and more often, I've seen delay after delay in software they said was spooling.

J

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2004
811 software update

I hope they come soon. The 266 update helped my 811 a lot. I haven't had to reset it since.

S

stratguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Nashville
I wonder what version of software will come on my new 811 from E*. Will it be updated or will I have to do that when I power it up? Thanks

Grandude

Grandude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 13, 2003
Santa Rosa, CA
stratguy said:
I wonder what version of software will come on my new 811 from E*. Will it be updated or will I have to do that when I power it up? Thanks
Odds are that it will automatically update to the latest. I haven't seen one yet that didn't need to get a newer version when it is installed.

W

WeeJavaDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2003
SoCal
Question is does Dish think the dark video issue is resolved? hmmmmm...... If not, will the next version finally squash this baby or is it really a hardware issue with a secret inline fix that we all might have to hell to get eventually. Enquiring minds want to know. No this is not troll bate. Just curious.

S

sirlurkalot

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 24, 2004
Corona, CA
Dude,

Agreed.... I would like to get "confirmed" the Dark video issue.... I still think it's not completely "fixed"

Add me to the "enquiring" list.. :)