Next software upgrade for 811?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
When I last spoke to rep. from Executive office, he told me there were 2 more software upgrades for 811(P268 in May & P269 in June). Has anyone heard any more specific dates? Thanks.

The 921 and 811 are expected to get software updates in June for OTA Guide data and the update for the 811 would be 267 and will probably show up more towards the end of the month. I think the 811 should be getting OpenTV as well as guide data but I'm not sure what else.

Generally speaking, the software arrives when it arrives. Even insiders never really know. I've seen them spool software when they said they wouldn't, and more often, I've seen delay after delay in software they said was spooling.

811 software update

I hope they come soon. The 266 update helped my 811 a lot. I haven't had to reset it since.

I wonder what version of software will come on my new 811 from E*. Will it be updated or will I have to do that when I power it up? Thanks

stratguy said:
I wonder what version of software will come on my new 811 from E*. Will it be updated or will I have to do that when I power it up? Thanks
Odds are that it will automatically update to the latest. I haven't seen one yet that didn't need to get a newer version when it is installed.

Question is does Dish think the dark video issue is resolved? hmmmmm...... If not, will the next version finally squash this baby or is it really a hardware issue with a secret inline fix that we all might have to hell to get eventually. Enquiring minds want to know. No this is not troll bate. Just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)