Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the origin of the BORG. Started wa-a-ay back in the 21st century in a chat-room on a web site.

Oops, sorry; that would be us.

I OD'd on TNG, never could get used to Janeway in charge. And I liked a lot of the stuff in Enterprise but Scott was no where near as believable as Picard, or as much fun as Kirk. Kinda like Capt Algore to me.

But I always liked the leaps of imagination.

Voyager wasn't that bad...in the middle of the run, they had a lot of really good episodes (yes, and some bad ones too).

The thing that got me was how they wrote her character and some of the story-lines where crewmembers violated a rule or disappointed her... I began to call it "the *ss-chewing of the week". after a while ;) :D

Enterprise got off to a stilted and somewhat rocky start (where I have heard that before?), but in the 3rd and most of the 4th seasons were quite good.

Backula (because of the way the show was written and directed) never really got to showcase his abilities the way Stewart did as Picard, and you have to admit, Picard (in the first 2 seasons) was about as stiff as a cardboard cut-out.

Too bad Sci-Fi or HDNet didn't pick it up and continue the Enterprise saga and not just reruns, would be nice to see a few movies...

The last two seasons were really good, especially when they started to fill in some historical events and reasons other races liked/dis-liked humans,etc.. that help make sense in the other Trek series. The two-part episodes were really good, couldn't wait till the second episode...

Too bad Sci-Fi or HDNet didn't pick it up and continue the Enterprise saga and not just reruns, would be nice to see a few movies...

The last two seasons were really good, especially when they started to fill in some historical events and reasons other races liked/dis-liked humans,etc.. that help make sense in the other Trek series. The two-part episodes were really good, couldn't wait till the second episode...

I agree, the last 2 seasons were the best.

While I have missed Star Trek not being on the small screen, I think a break for a few years was probably a good thing (although Enterprise should not have ended so prematurely) for the long run.

I suspect we'll see more Trek on TV again someday; and that will be a good day.

I realized in March when I was at the Star Trek Experience in LV, that there still is a very strong fandom out there, and its place in American popular culture is pretty secure

I agree, it was probably a good idea to not have some kind of new Trek series on the small screen for a while, but the only Trek on tv nowadays are re-runs of TOS, TNG, Voyager and Enterprise (Spike stopped running DS9 unfortunately). It's been a long dry spell for feature films as well.

I too would like to see another series and I too suspect we'll see another Trek series on tv eventually. Whether it'll be a retro series or something like TNG or Voyager...anyone's guess...

I agree, it was probably a good idea to not have some kind of new Trek series on the small screen for a while, but the only Trek on tv nowadays are re-runs of TOS, TNG, Voyager and Enterprise (Spike stopped running DS9 unfortunately). It's been a long dry spell for feature films as well.

I too would like to see another series and I too suspect we'll see another Trek series on tv eventually. Whether it'll be a retro series or something like TNG or Voyager...anyone's guess...

And even longer for a GOOD feature film :)

But when that day comes when we get trek on tv again, it will be a very good day. :D

How about the origin of the BORG. Started wa-a-ay back in the 21st century in a chat-room on a web site.

Oops, sorry; that would be us.

I OD'd on TNG, never could get used to Janeway in charge. And I liked a lot of the stuff in Enterprise but Scott was no where near as believable as Picard, or as much fun as Kirk. Kinda like Capt Algore to me.

But I always liked the leaps of imagination.

I've often thought that would make a good episode or movie (origin of the borg).

And even longer for a GOOD feature film :)

But when that day comes when we get trek on tv again, it will be a very good day. :D

I didn't think Nemesis was a bad movie, personally. Seems that's one that people either liked or disliked. :)

I agree, it'll be a very good day when Trek returns to tv again. :D So far though, there's no talk at all that I've heard about. How long ago was Enterprise canned, 3 or so years ago?

CBS Testing Remastering TNG in HD July 27, 2007

by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: TNG, TOS Remastered , trackback
I had a moment to have a chat with some of the CBS team behind the TOS Remastered project at Comic Con about what’s next (after TOS). David Grant tells TrekMovie.com that they have "had discussions" to bring Star Trek The Next Generation onto high definition. They have also created an HD test for one episode. One concern is the visual effects which were were done in video and therefore more difficult to translate to HD. The team are seeing if the effects can be ‘upresed’ or if they need to be entirely redone (as they did with TOS). Ryan Adams says "that is part of the tests that we are trying to massage and figure out." No decisions made yet on if, when or how, but TrekMovie.com will keep an eye on this exciting potential project.
Source:The Trek Movie Report

CBS Testing Remastering TNG in HD July 27, 2007

by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: TNG, TOS Remastered , trackback
I had a moment to have a chat with some of the CBS team behind the TOS Remastered project at Comic Con about what’s next (after TOS). David Grant tells TrekMovie.com that they have "had discussions" to bring Star Trek The Next Generation onto high definition. They have also created an HD test for one episode. One concern is the visual effects which were were done in video and therefore more difficult to translate to HD. The team are seeing if the effects can be ‘upresed’ or if they need to be entirely redone (as they did with TOS). Ryan Adams says "that is part of the tests that we are trying to massage and figure out." No decisions made yet on if, when or how, but TrekMovie.com will keep an eye on this exciting potential project.
Source:The Trek Movie Report

This would make me very very happy.

I was reading an article about this and P*mount is planning on marketing the the remastered HD versions of TOS at $121 per season.

I think that price-point is marketing suicide...

Yeah, that would be a deal killer; particulafrly given how much I have already spent on standard dvds.

Yeah, that would be a deal killer; particulafrly given how much I have already spent on standard dvds.

Exactly. Same here. I have the 3-box standard set. I simply cannot imagine paying $121 per season for the HD set. They'd better spend some time rethinking that one, otherwise, I think they're going to be eating a lot of of hi-def discs...

Exactly. Same here. I have the 3-box standard set. I simply cannot imagine paying $121 per season for the HD set. They'd better spend some time rethinking that one, otherwise, I think they're going to be eating a lot of of hi-def discs...

maybe they produce a small quantity as a test of the market?

I think the fact that in a room of 500+ at comic-con, only 2 people raised their hand when asked if they'd buy the HD set at $121 per season...well, that ought to tell the bean counters and marketing guru's at Paramount that the odds of selling in quantity at that price is an extremely far stretch.

I think the fact that in a room of 500+ at comic-con, only 2 people raised their hand when asked if they'd buy the HD set at $121 per season...well, that ought to tell the bean counters and marketing guru's at Paramount that the odds of selling in quantity at that price is an extremely far stretch.

Yup. But they are probably the same people at CBS who tried to kill Jericho, and the same idiots at ABC who gave LOST a 9 month hiatus. :rolleyes:

paramount wants to make every cent it can.

think about this, with no current shows in production, and movie to be made the only income is residuals. high def version would help their bottom line

Status
Not open for further replies.