Next Wave of HD LIL's

DaveyBoy26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Hey guys. This is directed towards everyone who's waiting on the next planned HD locals(Detroit, Indy,etc.). If you're wondering why Dish hasn't talked about them being on the 118.75 sat, according to tech support, its because even though DBS talk says they've been uplinked there, THEY WILL BE MOVED(most likely to the 129)as the 118.7 is for Internationals, to free up space for HD channels on occupied sats. This tech's name was Nate I believe, and this is what he says. Make what you will of Nate's explanation.:rolleyes:

PS: He also says Indy hasn't been uplinked yet and that DBS got their info wrong.

David

The internationals that are moving to 118.75 are coming from 121° and no where else. So if Nate is saying that the HD channels are going to 121° then that is a possibility. However I thought that Dish was trying to get away from the superdish completely.

As of the last report I received (last week) the Indianapolis channels are definitely there on transponders 8 and 21 at 118.75. I get reports from all sorts of people and all the reliable reports say the same thing.

I'm sure Nate means well, but this info is very suspect.

See ya
Tony

It makes sense that internationals will be on 118.7 as that requires the "+" dish - which ain't cheap! :(

I tend to believe that they might test some HD channels on 118.7, but then move them to 129 (NOT 121) - until they run out of space, anyway.

Indy HD locals

Any clues or educated guesses as to when Indy HD locals will be turned on?

Well if they're staying at 118.75, the dish + still has to be made available1000

Please ..... PLEASE ..... move Indy HD and turn them on.
pray.gif

It would be great if we had HD Detrit locals on 129.

I could see Indianapolis on 118.75, but C'mon Detroit is the 9th largest DMA. Its far cheaper to stick them on 129, or even 61.5 than have to re-imburse dealers for a DISH1000 Plus.

I hope they put the Greenville,SC/Asheville,NC HD locals on 61.5 instead of 129 because of the signal strength difference between the two. But of course I'll just be glad if they put them up. Come on Dish, before football season starts we need our HD locals.:hungry:

According to a post from Scott on his way home from Team Summit they are staying on 118.75 and they are waiting for the dishes to come off of the production line. He predicts at least two more weeks. He also said these may be the last HD LILs this year so I'm just glad to be one of them at this point.

They need to finish the sd locals left in the country so that they can do away with the Distant locals issues . Since the court has ordered them to stop selling them anyway. Then they can brag that they are the ONLY alternative to cable in All 50 states and Puerto Rico. I think that with all the satellites up there that they can find room for the rest of the 40 or so dmas.

DaveyBoy26 said:
Yeah, I guess......but will we have to pay for the dishes?? If we do, that doesn't seem fair to me. What do you guys think?

I agree that we shouldn't have to pay if we need the equipment to receive programming that we already subscribe to. Not to mention the fact that my install is only a little over a month old. I even 'future proofed' my install in anticipation of HD locals by using a D1000 and D300 to pick up 110/119/129/61.5 thinking I'd be covered no matter where they put them.

Smoky said:
I hope they put the Greenville,SC/Asheville,NC HD locals on 61.5 instead of 129 because of the signal strength difference between the two. But of course I'll just be glad if they put them up. Come on Dish, before football season starts we need our HD locals.:hungry:

I second that, other than the 61.5 part, I have a d1000 and would have to get another dish. I have good ss on 129 (about 75) so it doesn't bug me as much as others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts