NEXTEL Cup Race

I thought it was supposed to be HD this weekend to but I was wrong. This weekend it will be SD widescreen upconverted 1080i. Not HD, but still nice.

z71tahoe193 said:
I thought it was supposed to be HD this weekend to but I was wrong. This weekend it will be SD widescreen upconverted 1080i. Not HD, but still nice.

I am a race fan and was hoping for true HD :( It does look better than the SD channel, but hope they get to true HD soon! :yes I wonder if NBC will have the races in HD??

Tony

Yeah, I agree. NBC/TNT coverage of the race is bad. Even though fox did not do any races in HD there coverage was clearly better. Look forward to next year when we can see some HD races from fox. THe next HD race is going to be the Coca-Cola 400 on TNT in September.

Actually its the "Chevy Rock and Roll 400" in Richmond on Saturday Sept 11th.

I agree that TNT-HD's Widescreen broadcast does not look as good as Fox's ED Widescreen. But in the same breath, I'm glad that NBC and TNT are at least doing widescreen this season. The 2nd half of last year was rough. This year its only the FX broadcast that we had to suffer through.

hey lighten up guys. 16x9 SD upconverted NASCAR aint bad at all compared to 4:3 or stretched. This is a major improvement over last year!!!!!!!!!!! At least they are now realizing that Nascar fans want true widescreen. Next year HD baby!

vurbano said:
hey lighten up guys. 16x9 SD upconverted NASCAR aint bad at all compared to 4:3 or stretched. This is a major improvement over last year!!!!!!!!!!! At least they are now realizing that Nascar fans want true widescreen. Next year HD baby!
I agree. For an SD broadcast it was not to bad. Isn't the next HD race going to be at Richmond?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts