Nextorm database?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Anyone know if there are file(s) that contain the satellites, Tp's, & symbol rates?

I was thinking of syncing my software with lynsat, basically adding all posted tp's & symbols to my software so I can do a "blind" scan of the channels listed at will. If I take the time to do all this, how easy would it be to share this info with others?

Uh, what are you using? If it can export a bin file, channel master should be able to open it, and you could upload that and have others download it or vice versa. I WOULD NOT advise you to load every stinking tp in lyngsat, especially the newsfeeds stuff - I tried something similar once and got tp overload. I guess bin files can only hold so many tps and only so many channels in those tps. If you go over the limit on purpose or accident, things will go fluky fast, especially if you have a pansat like I do... You'll start seeing stuff like Disecq options go from 1-4 to something like 76-9999 and all sorts of other oddness. Basically the machines can only handle so much memory. If you overload that memory limit, you start having problems similar to buffer overflow errors and junk.

It looks like you can swap the sattplist.dat file but I don't think we can edit it easily with anything other than the dvbworld utility itself.

I also use dvbdream with the dvbworld box which allows use of the easier to edit .ini transponder files.

Anyone know if there are file(s) that contain the satellites, Tp's, & symbol rates?

I was thinking of syncing my software with lynsat, basically adding all posted tp's & symbols to my software so I can do a "blind" scan of the channels listed at will. If I take the time to do all this, how easy would it be to share this info with others?

Have you seen this?

http://joshyfun.peque.org/transponders/index.html

Has the ini files you need for the software with tp and symbols of common things.

That is awesome. Nextorm replied to my same question, and they provided me with a file that has all the sat's .ini's also. It also has a compiler that once you edit the ini's it creates the sattplist.dat file that can be then moved to the Nextorm folder. Re-open Nextorm & the new list is there, couldn't be easier. I just looked at one of those sat's in the above url, and saw many TP's, and they looked like the one's from Nextorm, so it may have all, or atleast most all ready done for me. So looks like someone did the work; all I have to do is select what sat's I want, and run the program to update Nextorm. :D Nutin' like being lazy, and have others do the hard work for me!

I think I added the file Nextorm sent me to this message, if anyone else wants it.

Bryan

Attachments

• SatEditor.zip
    121.4 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)