NFC/AFC Championship Games

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krymzontyde

Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I am in a market where my local are in HD but they do not link to directv at this time, therefore I cannot get the championship games in HD :mad:!!!!! Does anyone know if directv is going to show these games on an HD channel for those who do not have HD local access but have HD receivers?

I am in a market where my local are in HD but they do not link to directv at this time, therefore I cannot get the championship games in HD :mad:!!!!! Does anyone know if directv is going to show these games on an HD channel for those who do not have HD local access but have HD receivers?

What about OTA ?
Can you hook up an antenna to it and get the networks ?

Jimbo

NO, the games will be provided by your local affiliates and if you can receive them and THEY choose not to broadcast HD, then you are out of luck as far as DBS is concerned; as it is NOT their call, they can't offer you anything in this case.

NO, the games will be provided by your local affiliates and if you can receive them and THEY choose not to broadcast HD, then you are out of luck as far as DBS is concerned; as it is NOT their call, they can't offer you anything in this case.
I believe he said his locals do broadcast in HD, but are not carried by DTV. Therefore he's not eligible for the DTV national HD channels. His only option is to get them OTA. If he had no OTA access to HD, wouldn't he be eligible for the DTV nationals?

...and that is what I said. I added that if they choose not to broadcast - which also includes not allowing retransmission via DBS) then he is out of luck; with the exception of OTA of course.

I live in Green Bay, home of the packers, and the game is going to be on WLUK FOX 11. WLUK is owned by LIN TV and I won't be able to watch the game in HD either without using an OTA. Damn LIN TV!!!!!!! I hope that the DirecTV/LIN negeations are finished by next years season or I'll be roayally pissed.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Direct TV Online TV Listings

FCC Digital Mandate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)