Direct TV Online TV Listings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Because of the new "Remote Booking" feaeture I checked out Direct TV Online Guide. I normally use Titan TV or Zap To It. What a contrast!

Direct TV--Please consider adding a few convenient features:

1. Customize the guide to show at least 3 hours of programming--this is a website and can surely accommodate 3 hrs vs the 1 1/2 shown and on the regular guide.

2. Allow the user to customize which channels he views. "My Channels" show all together too many channels--if I wanted one of my children to do a "booking" they would be exposed to the Adult Channels listed that are actually hidden on the receiver. Need a favorites list option.

3. Add the local channels digital and subcarrier (I can see those on Titan TV)--there are great shows on PBS that I'd like to book online, but the HD channels of my locals (I get OTA) are not visible in the Online Guide.

4. Show more information about the tv show than is on the receiver--such as original air date.

I do appreciate this new feature of remote booking, as it saves me turning on my LCD Projector Sony during the daytime hours just to program a recording--when turning it on/off reduces bulb life.

Just need to see more hours of the guide (3 at least), local subcarrier listings, Favorites list and original air date info.

I don't believe you can program ANY OTA channels with the scheduler, I noticed the same thing when I was playing with the mobile version awhile back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)