NFL 2015-16 Season

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
nfl-logo-2b.jpg

A REAL sport is about to begin. HAVE AT IT!!!

I was in the Bay Area last week and got to see some Raiders training camp. I had NEVER gone to a training camp and it was fascinating how the practices were organization. Alot of fun. I am VERY EXCITED about my Raiders! Not going to the average Raider fan and predict a long playoff run, but I feel, based on the additions(both in players and coaching staff), they will be a very competitive team. I feel a 7-9 is a HUGE improvement over the last few years.

Reactions: Rey
A REAL sport is about to begin. HAVE AT IT!!!

How optimistic are you about the Phins this season? I think they have a real shot at the playoffs. The quaterback is miles and miles ahead of the Jets or Bills. One concern I'd have with them it's seems they're depth is very thin.

I can't wait, it'll be nice to start talking about on the field stuff. Unfortunately that might not be the case for a couple weeks. Thanks Rog.

How optimistic are you about the Phins this season? I think they have a real shot at the playoffs. The quaterback is miles and miles ahead of the Jets or Bills. One concern I'd have with them it's seems they're depth is very thin.

I can't wait, it'll be nice to start talking about on the field stuff. Unfortunately that might not be the case for a couple weeks. Thanks Rog.

I'm hesitant to feel optimistic from all the losing for so many years now. There's a bit of a buzz around this team and hopefully they make the playoffs with a wining record. I'm interested, but that's how far I can go for now. To me we still have major holes at the offensive line. Secondary isn't that great either.This emphasizes your point about depth. If the OL ends up being as bad as I fear it is, then 8-8 or worse will be the end result, again. We all know you can't win in this league with bad line play on both sides of the ball.

Here's my pre-preseason division picks.

NFC EAST
1. Cowboys
2. Giants*
3. Eagles
4. Redskins

NFC NORTH
1. Packers
2. Vikings
3. Lions
4. Bears

NFC SOUTH
1. Saints
2. Panthers
3. Buccaneers
4. Falcons

NFC WEST
1. Seahawks
2. Cardinals*
3. Rams
4. 49ers

AFC EAST
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins*
3. Jets
4. Bills

AFC NORTH
1. Steelers
2. Ravens*
3. Bengals
4. Browns

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

AFC WEST
1. Broncos
2. Chargers
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders

*Wildcards

Reactions: fhsucade07 and Rey

NFC EAST
1. Cowboys
2. Giants*
3. Eagles
4. Redskins

NFC NORTH
1. Packers
2. Vikings
3. Lions
4. Bears

NFC SOUTH
1. Saints
2. Panthers
3. Buccaneers
4. Falcons

NFC WEST
1. Seahawks
2. Cardinals*
3. Rams
4. 49ers

AFC EAST
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins*
3. Jets
4. Bills

AFC NORTH
1. Steelers
2. Ravens*
3. Bengals
4. Browns

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

AFC WEST
1. Broncos
2. Chargers
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders

*Wildcards
I like how you're picking the Texans over the Colts, I'm so on board with that. The Colts did NOTHING to improve that sieve of a defense. OTOH, I think the Texans have a top 3 defense, and if they can get ANYTHING from the two Pats castoffs at the QB position (Mallett and/or Hoyer) they will be a team to be reckoned with

AFC EAST
1. Patriots
2. Bills (WC)
3. Dolphins
4. Jets

AFC North
1. Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Browns (will they EVER escape the basement?)

AFC South
1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Jaguars
4. Titans

AFC West
1. Chiefs
2. Broncos (WC)
3. Raiders
4. Chargers

NFC East
1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Redskins
4. Eagles

NFC North
1. Packers
2. Vikings (WC)
3. Lions
4. Bears

NFC South
1. Panthers
2. Saints
3. Falcons
4. Buccaneers

NFC West
1. Seahawks
2. Cardinals (WC)
3. Rams
4. 49ers

I like how you're picking the Texans over the Colts, I'm so on board with that. The Colts did NOTHING to improve that sieve of a defense. OTOH, I think the Texans have a top 3 defense, and if they can get ANYTHING from the two Pats castoffs at the QB position (Mallett and/or Hoyer) they will be a team to be reckoned with

They'll need their defense if the injury reports are true about Arian Foster.

Edit: Apparently they are

Texans RB Arian Foster to undergo groin surgery on Friday
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ing-back-arian-foster-scheduled-groin-surgery

Would the Texans consider signing Ray Rice if Foster is out for the season(another article speculated that he'd most likely be out 3-6 months,& that was before the surgery that they were speculating on was announced in this article)?
[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ing-back-arian-foster-scheduled-groin-surgery

Would the Texans consider signing Ray Rice if Foster is out for the season(another article speculated that he'd most likely be out 3-6 months,& that was before the surgery that they were speculating on was announced in this article)?
[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I'm picking the Colts- terrible defense or not. With their defense and Foster, I thought the Texans had enough to win the suckage that is the AFC South. All whoever the QB had to do was be a game manager. With Foster potentially gone, the QB will need to be more than a game manager. That really is one putrid division!

NFC EAST
1. Cowboys
2. Giants*
3. Eagles
4. Redskins

NFC NORTH
1. Packers
2. Vikings
3. Lions
4. Bears

NFC SOUTH
1. Saints
2. Panthers
3. Buccaneers
4. Falcons

NFC WEST
1. Seahawks
2. Cardinals*
3. Rams
4. 49ers

AFC EAST
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins*
3. Jets
4. Bills

AFC NORTH
1. Steelers
2. Ravens*
3. Bengals
4. Browns

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

AFC WEST
1. Broncos
2. Chargers
3. Chiefs
4. Raiders

*Wildcards
I like your list there sir, especially the AFC EAST :biggrin

[/QUOTE]
That is an interesting question .... if it were me making the call and I needed a RB, IF I couldn't find someone younger thats experienced, I would say yes.
Same as I would not hesitate to sign Adrian Peterson if he was actually available ... seeing the Vikings decided to keep him. (which they should have in my opinion).

I agree with Bill on this. The Bengals will finish first and they will win a playoff game.

I'm afraid this season that we'll see a sharp decline in Peyton Manning's skills. I hope I'm wrong,but John Elway should seriously consider looking for a new future QB,as even I am not sold on Brock Osweiler(even though I like his height) carrying the Broncos.

Here is an interesting article about Peyton Manning & Brock Osweiler

Denver Broncos News: Brock Osweiler Gets Work With Peyton Manning In Training Camp, Future QB Option For Gary Kubiak?
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/57280/20150805/nfl-football.htm

This is why you can never hate the Packers(sorry Bears,Lions,& Vikings fans).

Packers continue bicycle tradition with young fans
http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/pack...ell-henry-rides-bike-nfl-photo-153754269.html

Now if they could just bring back the Packer Bikini Girls(although they were last seen in 2013,how did I miss that?):biggrin
This has nothing to do with the rest of the division teams .... nothing to be sorry about.
Packers aern't the only ones that do things with thier fans.

During Tim Brown's Hall of Fame speech, the Raiders were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's gonna be an interesting season for the Lions with the changes they had to make in the lineup for this season. 6 of their games (including the thanksgiving one) will be broadcast nationally. The 1st 2 games will be on the road with the 1st home game in week 3 on Sunday Night Football! With the NFC North having to face the NFC West AND the AFC West, well, let's hope the Lions can handle the Wild Wild West. Go Lions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts