NFL 2016-17 Season

Gambling will likely continue, and will be a key part of the debate (after all, gambling isn't exactly a hard thing to do anymore, and will likely be legal across the country sooner rather than later).

To me it says they have 2 parties that they are working on a deal with.

Interesting discussion on local sports talk today with Peterson being release. Have we seen the last running back to hit top ten in yards for a career?

Final chapter of the Raiders move to Vegas should begin next week as owners meeting comiitees spin up to work on the relocation effort ahead of a vote at the end of the month.

If the vote happens, they're likely moving. if things fall apart prior, then there will be no vote. Last 2 pieces to be resolved are financing and the lease agreement.

Fortress Investment Group / Lott group have sent another proposal to the NFL, but that situation is still said to be a non-starter. Some fans are hoping Mark Davis has to sell the team or is forced out, but that's just desperation talking, nobody is going to buy the team and then sink another billion or two into a stadium.

Raiders reportedly have a tentative lease agreement in place. Now for the financing bit. Big week ahead.

Meanwhile to Fortress group, instrumental in Oakland's bid to try and keep their team is now coming under scrutiny for insider trading during their Softbank acquisition.

So on this bitterly cold day, I find myself watching the 2nd half/OT of the Super Bowl for the 176th time. :)

Bank of America filling the funding game for the Raiders, while Oakland presents the same tired proposal w/ all the same problems that have pushed the Raiders away (what will the A's do, no public $$, etc).

Owners vote is at the end of the month, all signs point to Vegas breaking ground next year on the future home of the Raiders.

Under/over 10 years till Raiders move to or threaten to move to another location ....
Based on? They have never broken a lease and have committed to Vegas at least 30 years.

They're currently playing in a stadium that is over 50 years old, in 10 years their new stadium will be 7.

So yeah, over. Way over.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
The more I think about it and the more I hear chatter about it, I've come to the conclusion that the Pats should be in no hurry to trade Jimmy G. The way I see it, the Pats are holding all the cards. They have the arguably the greatest QB to ever play the sport, who is undeniably playing at the top of his game. Admittedly, putting all your eggs in one basket is an inherent risk with a 40 year old QB, but we're talking about Tom Bleepin' Brady here! OTOH, if the Pats can land a first round... pick in 2017 and a first in 2018 for Jimmy G. then I think they should pull the trigger. Anything less and Jimmy G. can hold a clipboard for at least another year. From a prospective trade partner's perspective, if your going to use a first round pick on a QB, then why not come hard after Garropolo? There's no one out there anywhere close to his potential. This is a dream scenario for the Patriots.

You are correct that they hold the cards ...
2 1st round picks would be ridiculous for a player with no track record to speak of.

Walking in and playing well with an already established team is one thing, doing it with a lower end team or even another team is a whole other thing.

Look at how many QB's have looked very good in the fill in roll, get traded and can't do anything near that with another team.

Oswiller Denver to Houston comes to mind.
He looked very good in Denver .... Houston, not so.

Yeah but he's at least serviceable, at worse. With $100m in cap room and two 1st round picks this season, the Browns could really load up on other positions and are in a unique situation to give up 2 1s and really not be set back the way the Skins were with RG3 for example.

Yeah but he's at least serviceable, at worse. With $100m in cap room and two 1st round picks this season, the Browns could really load up on other positions and are in a unique situation to give up 2 1s and really not be set back the way the Skins were with RG3 for example.
The Browns may be helpless, but not THAT helpless.

Wow!! The Patriots just traded for stud receiver Brandin Cooks!! It's really too bad Belichick was 6 weeks behind the rest of the NFL when it came to the offseason. ;)

upload_2017-3-12_13-48-30.png

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)