NFL 2020

Baseball should also vote according to what you did during your time playing the game, not just NUMBERS.

Alan Trammell should be in, but probably won't make it (I think he has like 1 more year) or did they finally vote enough for him to make it ?
He should have been in years ago.
I know it was getting close.

Is Jack Morris in ?

Seems hard to believe that ZERO of the 1984 Detroit Tigers were good enough to make the HOF.

Sorry, just realized this is the Football thread.

• Haha
Reactions: madmadworld
Then again, not all of those do I think should be in.
I went over it again still feel the same. old enough to recall these players and think most would be in if they had played for a better team. if They only took in only Great players there would be far fewer, some years none would be admitted. there are only a few Great players in a decade.

I went over it again still feel the same. old enough to recall these players and think most would be in if they had played for a better team. if They only took in only Great players there would be far fewer, some years none would be admitted. there are only a few Great players in a decade.
Thats the whole issue ..."If they played for a better Team"

The NFL is not the NBA. players mostly if you are just good let alone great get stuck with the same team most if not all your playing days.
How can that be held against them ?
I'm saying there are a lot of players that would be much better on different teams .

Look at all these 1st round QB's ...
For example, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, they are top QB's coming out, each will go to poor teams ... thier careers are pretty much set for losing, unless the TEAM gets other players to go with them.

Do you think Patrick Mahomes would be the star he is, if he'd have gone to the Jets or Giants or any other team that you can count on being in the bottom quarter of the league each year.

How I rank this generation of quarterbacks and their individual HOF status

1. Brady- Lock
2. P. Manning- Lock
3. Rodgers-Lock (moves up to #2 if he wins SB)
4. Mahomes- Lock (obviously extrapolating here, but his trajectory is undeniable)
5. Brees- Lock
6. Wilson- In (teetering on lock)
7. Roethlisberger- In
8. Rivers- Out
9. E. Manning- Out
10. Romo- Out

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: HipKat
I'm saying there are a lot of players that would be much better on different teams .

Look at all these 1st round QB's ...
For example, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, they are top QB's coming out, each will go to poor teams ... thier careers are pretty much set for losing, unless the TEAM gets other players to go with them.

Do you think Patrick Mahomes would be the star he is, if he'd have gone to the Jets or Giants or any other team that you can count on being in the bottom quarter of the league each year.
Doesn't it be harder then to be good to great on a poorer team ?
many on that list are those types.

We know a QB can be a change maker thus I've mostly left them out of my thoughts in This discussion. they like no other have at least some control.

Rodgers didn't get to play indoors for most of his career... in fact, he played in Green Bay. Manning had great stats, but played under a roof.

Rodgers didn't get to play indoors for most of his career... in fact, he played in Green Bay. Manning had great stats, but played under a roof.

Peyton had one of the greatest seasons by a QB in NFL history when he played in Denver, but I get your overall point. I think Rodgers will end up #2, but RIGHT NOW I have him slightly behind Peyton.

Reactions: Yespage
Don't get me wrong. Peyton Manning was one of the best, but I always prefer the players that managed greatness outdoors.

Reactions: BillD1984
I left one out.....Matt Ryan

For my money, Matty Ice falls under Philip Rivers territory. Very good NFL QB, but not enough on his resume (at least not yet) to get him in the Hall.

Don't get me wrong. Peyton Manning was one of the best, but I always prefer the players that managed greatness outdoors.

I’m with you 1,000% on this.....always felt that way. I just feel that RIGHT NOW in a vacuum, Peyton’s resume is slightly better.

Today is the 27th anniversary when Robert Kraft purchased the Patriots. To say there’s a difference between the Patriots first 34 years of existence and the last 27 years under Kraft’s ownership would be the understatement of the century.

Patriots 1960-1993

221-270-9 regular season record
7 playoff appearances
2 division titles
4 playoff wins (3 of them in the 1985 season)
1 Super Bowl appearance
0 championships

Patriots 1994-present

288-128 regular season record
21 playoff appearances
19 division titles
33 playoff wins
10 Super Bowl appearances
6 championships

Obviously Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have a lot to do with the recent success of the Patriots, but the fact remains that Mr. Kraft brought credibility to a franchise that was once the laughingstock of the league.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Love
Reactions: Yespage
Now I'm going to post a commentary on a situation I see developing in the NFL. The trend for the past few years is for more and more head coaches to call the plays. One thinking is that the OC's come and go but the HC will still be there so there is continuity and on the surface that seems to make sense. Here's the fly in the ointment though, eventually you're going to run out of HC candidates with play calling experience as fewer and fewer OC's gain that experience. Teams are going to be stuck, as the Eagles are, with an HC who is attempting to learn on the fly. An even stickier downside to this is that of hiring a defensive coach as HC. Who's going to call the plays as fewer and fewer OC's will have any experience? I'm not liking the way this is headed.

Reactions: madmadworld
The Football hall only lets 5 in a year, I believe ....
I am happy that they are selective ... in some sports it doesn't take much to get in.

In baseball you have to have so many votes, some percentage, might be 75% ... 75 % of WHO ?
Who knows who votes with the MLB HOF.
Are there 10 people or 100 people or a 1000 people ?

The Heisman is not a HOF but that too has WAY too many people voting.
Siri says between 4 and 8.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts