NFL 2020

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Cam Newton resigns with Pats with 1 yr contract.

Sure, why not, I guess. Effort didn't seem the issue, he seems to be only good for a few throws a game. When he throws it can be great, but he doesn't do it often. And for a QB, that is kind of important. He is also getting old for a scrambler.

So either trade or draft for a QB alternative for part of next year or the following and move on. Or they become as bad as the Jets. Whichever way, still have a lot of titles.

This deal is a clear indication that Jerry Jones knows that the upcoming TV rights deal will allow the team's salary cap to increase big time, probably as soon as next year.
Alright! Can't wait for the 6 minute long commercial breaks!

Cam Newton resigns with Pats with 1 yr contract.

Sure, why not, I guess. Effort didn't seem the issue, he seems to be only good for a few throws a game. When he throws it can be great, but he doesn't do it often. And for a QB, that is kind of important. He is also getting old for a scrambler.

So either trade or draft for a QB alternative for part of next year or the following and move on. Or they become as bad as the Jets. Whichever way, still have a lot of titles.
Newton essentially had no training camp, and tested positive for Covid. He should do better next year with any semblance of a normal camp. It's also being said that the signing was to show potential free agents that they have a higher level QB under contract.

The four year Brady deal is crazy. Yes, it is an NFL contract, so it can be whatever it is, but still. Indeed, Brady has definitely been better than even the better QBs at this age. I can't help but wonder if he wants to reach 50, there really is no other reason for such a deal. The amount of conditioning he must be putting himself through to keep at such a high level is unimaginable which implies a deeper goal that he is seeking. I just want him to retire not because of "the hit". He has nothing to prove. His records, other than TDs thrown (which he'll get with Brees retired) will be one of the only reachable ones. HIs playoff records can be etched on a space probe being sent to interstellar space.
Newton essentially had no training camp, and tested positive for Covid. He should do better next year with any semblance of a normal camp. It's also being said that the signing was to show potential free agents that they have a higher level QB under contract.
From what I saw, Newton wasn't suffering from rust, but couldn't throw the ball. He didn't seem to be phoning it in, but certainly seemed reluctant to throw.

Regardless, In Belichick I Trust, no doubt.

Kinda how I see it too, don't think it's a great signing but the organization is working on the balance of the team and he's just the best option all things considered for the moment. They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Ohio State's Pro Day today as well as Alabama's ...

For some reason, this is Bama's 2nd Pro Day ...

When is Ohio State's 2nd Pro Day ?
Never heard of a team having more than 1.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Ohio State's 2nd Pro day was yesterday ...
I haven't heard a whole lot other than at least 4 or 5 teams attended.

What annoyed me originally was the need for the 2nd Pro day ... the 49ers wanted to see Fields throw.
Well, where were they for Fields on the 1st Pro Day ?
Or they were in Alabama watching thier 2nd Pro day ... were they not there watching Mac Jones on thier 1st Pro day ?
If not, thats on them.

If they didn't come to the Buckeyes 1st Pro day to see someone's 2nd thats on them, why should Fields have a 2nd ...
He was awesome in his 1st Pro Day ... I'm guessing that he did quite well yesterday as well.
No reports that I have seen covered what yesterdays outcome was other than showing a few throws.

Most reports show the 49'ers taking Jones ay 3 ...
However, it sounds like he may end up in New England .... trade coming, we shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)