NFL a la carte....info needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shinner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania
Was reading the old thread about this and couldn't reply in it due to it's age.

Is this info on the Dtv website anywhere? I was trying to tell someone about this who hadn't heard of it after the NFL lawsuit a couple years back. Guy tells me I'm imagining it. Heh. Would like to be able to point him to some official online source.

Are you referring to Sunday Ticket with no programming package? Because if so thats what i want to do and i am curious about this as well...I was thinking of calling this week to see if i can drop my programming and continue just with Sunday Ticket...

tjbay said:
Are you referring to Sunday Ticket with no programming package?
Nah....back a couple of years ago there was a lawsuit regarding ST and Dtv. When it was all said and done, all ST subs got a mailing about it noting different things like the ability to just by a day of programming, which I think was $30 or $40. They also sent some discount coupons for use at the NFL shop. I threw everything away because you can usually find NFL merch a good bit cheaper than through the league's store.

No, you are right. I think you have to call the day of the games in order to get that week's games. I believe it was something like $39.95 for one day's worth of games.

I have been getting Sunday Ticket only for the past few years. Last week I called retention and was told starting this season that I was going to be required to get a package in order to keep Sunday Ticket. That left a weekend filled with trying to figure out what to do. I finally made up my mind that if I was forced to switch from cable back to D* just for the NFL that I would do it. I first wanted to find out if what I heard last week was really true.

The first regular rep I talked to said that according to everything he saw I could still keep just the Sunday Ticket. Hmmm... Called retention and that rep looked up some things and said since I had been doing it so long that I was grandfathered in and could continue. Dang. There goes my decision to switch back to D* for everything. I finally made the decision to switch anyway.

But anyway in answer to some of the posts here, I'm doubting they'll let you do just the Sunday Ticket. But the last rep I spoke to was that if I was forced to get a package what some people do is get the Total Choice Limited package during the NFL season and then suspend until the next season. At least that's not a whole year of programming you have to pay for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)