NFL Channel not on my cable TV

RHowell

Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Tampa Bay Area
Week 10 | Nov 6 8:00pm ET Denver at Cleveland. WOO HOO, I am sure gIad I have satellite TV in my spare room. Otherwise I could not watch the game with cable TV.

Week 10 | Nov 6 8:00pm ET Denver at Cleveland. WOO HOO, I am sure gIad I have satellite TV in my spare room. Otherwise I could not watch the game with cable TV.

IF you must have it on the cable TV (not sure why anyone has BOTH, but oh well)
Check here and send them an email and see what they have to say.

I Want My NFL Network!

Jimbo

Why I have both cable and satellite

I cable for the triple play package (TV, internet and VOIP), cheaper that way. I have prepaid dish network satellite, because I can watch NFL Network and other sporting events I cant get on my cable.

Id email the NFL Network and ask them why they are trying to extort their fans by charging outregous rates for stuff they used to get on network tv. That may help as well.

Id email the NFL Network and ask them why they are trying to extort their fans by charging outregous rates for stuff they used to get on network tv. That may help as well.

Some of us feel that way about Sunday Ticket. But the market has spoken, folks are willing to pay a LOT of money to see games that the NFL puts ZERO production cost into. All it takes is extra satellite time to put any package together. Especially D*, they have most if not ALL of the HD locals so it is VERY easy for them, and the NFL makes a PILE of money, as I am sure D* does, also.

The NFL can do whatever it wants with its product, AFAIAC. I'll watch what I can OTA, and beyond that I'll read a book. :)

The problem with the NFL Network is they dont want the market to decide. Unlike Sunday ticket they want to force their channel and high rates on EVERY subscriber.. Cable would gladly put it on its own sports tier in a heart beat. But NFL Wants to make EVERY cable sub pay its fees, regardless. Sunday ticket works because it costs the NFL next to nothing to operate, and they get a huge return. They get to charge a huge amount, and even if a few people sign up they make out good.

The problem with the NFL Network is they dont want the market to decide. Unlike Sunday ticket they want to force their channel and high rates on EVERY subscriber.. Cable would gladly put it on its own sports tier in a heart beat. But NFL Wants to make EVERY cable sub pay its fees, regardless. Sunday ticket works because it costs the NFL next to nothing to operate, and they get a huge return. They get to charge a huge amount, and even if a few people sign up they make out good.

Actually it's quite the opposite....
The NFL would like EVERYONE to be able to see thier product so they are pushing for the cable co's to place it on a basic channel package.

Jimbo

Thats what I said. They want everyone to pay for their product regardless of if they want it or not. It wouldnt be so bad if they were to have a reasonable fee, but they want millions and millions of dollars per month for their channel. People wonder why TV rates in this country are so high, here ya go.

Shockey to the Saints mid season review

Week 10 NFL Schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts