NFL games

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
Any chance Dish will ever get some type of programming option that shows NFL games. Maybe something like NFL Sunday Ticket although I am not sure I would want to pay Directs price for Sunday Ticket. As a moderate NFL fan I know there are 5-6 weekends a year where I wish a particular game was in my market so I could watch it and would be willing to pay a little more to get it. Maybe even a PPV option of some sort where I could pay $10-$15 for a single game?

After experiencing the NFL RedZone Channel last season I have to say that I watched it every weekend instead of a specific game. I rarely, if ever, found it necessary to switch over to a network carrying a game during the hours RedZone was on...however, I do realize if you are a total die-hard fan that HAS to watch every snap of your favorite team's game then RedZone can't substitute for that. I still think it's a great channel though!

I think DirecTV would have a lot more customers if they had single team packages. In St. Louis, you can currently buy a season ticket ($250) cheaper than the DirecTV Sunday Ticket package ($334.95). Why should a person have to pay for all of the games if they only want to watch one team?

nfl should open it up like other sports leagues
let all carriers have it, and then they can make even more cash
but as of now its directv until after 2014
NFL, DirecTV Extend Pact in $4 Billion Deal - WSJ.com

the NFL doesn't want Sunday Ticket on all carriers , and they say that before, and its will never be on cable! why do think most cable company the NFL network all the cable company told NFL give us Sunday Ticket and then we will put on NFL network but the NFL doesn't want Sunday Ticket on all carriers if Dish want to out try to bid Directv after 2014 good luck

I think DirecTV would have a lot more customers if they had single team packages. In St. Louis, you can currently buy a season ticket ($250) cheaper than the DirecTV Sunday Ticket package ($334.95). Why should a person have to pay for all of the games if they only want to watch one team?

Because a person who lives in St. Louis may be a Denver fan and wants to watch every Denver game in a season. If they wanted to watch only St. Louis games, they could watch them for free on OTA TV.

If you are a die hard fan like myself, The RedZone channel, even tho it is freaking cool and am glad companies like Dish, Comcast and others(minus Time Warner, which doesnt even have NFL Net) have it.

But for me, I have seen every 49ers game somehow. for 06, 07 and 08 I had DirecTV and the Ticket, then in 09 I was with Dish Network, I didnt hate it, just the whole pre-paid crap, which was never explained to us at anytime. But anyway, I enjoyed the RedZone channel. I liked seeing My team on the internet with free streams. And then watch the RedZone for fun.

Honestly, the redzone is more designed for fantasy fans. But I just couldn't stay with Dish, for several reasons, equipment too much(I got 2 HD DVRs free withy DirecTV), and the fact that I was paying the same as I pay now, with HD and without HD with Dish.

So, now for 2011 I will have the ticket, as I did last yr.

Basically if you are a diehard fan and must see every game of your team(s). Then directv is the best way to go. Plus it is so much better seeing them on tv over having a chance of glitching and what not on internet.

But thats my 2 cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts