NFL HD Starting Mid August or Sept 2004?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dvlos,

Repeat after me...

Pigs can fly!

Hell HAS frozen over!!

And Freaking Crap.... Fox will now be broadcasting in 720p! :shocked

It's about time huh?!?! :D

Except that when I contacted the engineer of our local FOX affiliate (KQDS in Duluth, MN) he knew nothing about HD broadcasts and could not confirm we will have any HD locally this year. They currently DO broadcast digitally, but he really had no idea if and when they would start HD (or ED) broadcasts. If I can't get the games in HD because of Fox's stupidity, it would be a HUGE step back. I have been having HD Superbowl parties at my place for the last couple of years.

How come the ZAP2IT listing for VOOM Channel 311 shows an "HD Game of the Week" for today? Doesn't make sense. Is that just a mistake?

Rogster said:
How come the ZAP2IT listing for VOOM Channel 311 shows an "HD Game of the Week" for today? Doesn't make sense. Is that just a mistake?

311 for taking down because no new HD material was showing. It will be back up this August.

Thanks, Sean, for replying to my message. Actually, I had read the early part of this thread were you mention that 311 should be back in August. I was just questioning why ZAP2IT would show programing for today on 311. Should I just assume that any listings in ZAP2IT are suspect? For 311 or any other channel.

Pure Speculation

There is no information leading to the return of NFLVoom.
There is no commitment from Voom to provide NFL HD.
Your discussions are all pure speculation at this point.

bradley said:
There is no information leading to the return of NFLVoom.
There is no commitment from Voom to provide NFL HD.
Your discussions are all pure speculation at this point.

bradley,

is this speculation?

I sent an email to Customer Support at VOOM. Here's my question and answer I got back from them.

Customer - 06/22/2004 09:46 PM
It looks like NFL Network will be carrying a separate HD channel than channel 312 SD that VOOM currently carries. Are you going to carry this separate HD feed?

NFL Network announced the following:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7441559

""The month of August will be a coming-out party of sorts for NFL Network. In addition to the Jaguars' training camp show, NFL Network enters its first full season by televising 54 preseason games, including the live airing of the Jaguars' final contest when they visit the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots on Thursday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. ET. Plus, NFL Network goes high definition on Aug. 1 with the entire network being available to viewers with HD capabilities on a separate stand-alone feed. "

Helpful Links displayed on website on - 06/22/2004 09:46 PM

Response (VOOM - HDTV Delivered!) - 06/24/2004 12:35 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM.
Correct, we will be carrying a separateHD channel for the HD feed in august. If you have any further questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!
Keith Putnam
VOOM Email Support

Voom Speaks on NFL HD

Customer (bradley) - 07/07/2004 12:09 PM

When does NFLVoom return?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (VOOM Customer Support) - 07/07/2004 02:17 PM

Thank you for contacting VOOM,
That is a great question! We will be offering NFL HD once football season starts back up. We will be broadcasting a game of the week in HD. We are looking forward to this as well! If you have any further questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

Meagan Johnson
VOOM Email Support

Helpful Links displayed on website on - 07/07/2004 12:09 PM
-

So where is the speculation? You've got an email confirming that they will start showing the Game of the Week once NFL Season stars. I agree with that. I've got an email stating that they will have channel 311 on August because that's when NFL starts its pre-season and NFL has stated already that they are going to carry HD pre-season games and show them on their HD feed. Since V* and D* are the only that carry the NFL network, it is safe to assume that it will show up on V* (that is pre-season games and of course game of week once NFL season stars). You sound like we are deceiving people here.

Sean Mota said:
Response (VOOM - HDTV Delivered!) - 06/24/2004 12:35 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM.
Correct, we will be carrying a separateHD channel for the HD feed in august. If you have any further questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!
Keith Putnam
VOOM Email Support

I have a new found respect and appreciation for life, and Voom.

Source

NFL Network to air 54 games in 25 days

NEW YORK (July 20, 2004) -- NFL Network has developed the following schedule to present 54 preseason games -- all but the games the NFL's network television partners are airing -- in just 25 days. Whether you are a displaced fan, a fantasy football fanatic looking to get the edge for the upcoming season, or one of the millions of NFL diehards, the list of NFL Network's preseason coverage is for you.

Games airing live are noted next to the teams. All other games listed will be shown on a delayed basis using the feeds from the participating teams' broadcasters. All times are Eastern.

In addition to this schedule, NFL Network will televise No Huddle, a studio show that will whip around to NFL preseason games taking place simultaneously. Two special No Huddle shows will air on Saturday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 p.m. ET and Friday, Sept. 3 at 8 p.m. ET.

NFL Network air times for 2004 preseason games
Friday, Aug. 13
1. Chicago at St. Louis 1 p.m.
2. Kansas City at New York Giants (Live) 8 p.m.
3. New York Jets at New Orleans 12 a.m.
Saturday, Aug. 14
4. Philadelphia at New England 12 p.m.
5. Indianapolis at San Diego (Live) 10 p.m.
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from eight games 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 15
6. Arizona at Minnesota 10 a.m.
7. Carolina at Washington 1 p.m.
8. Cincinnati at Tampa Bay 4 p.m.
9. Denver at Buffalo (Live) 7 p.m.
10. Jacksonville at Miami 11 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 16
11. Dallas at Houston 1 p.m.
12. Oakland at San Francisco 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 17
13. Pittsburgh at Detroit 12 p.m.
14. Cleveland at Tennessee 3 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 21
15. Minnesota at Atlanta 1 p.m.
16. Detroit at Cleveland (Live) 4:30 p.m.
17. Denver at Seattle 11 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 22
18. Tennessee at Buffalo 7 a.m.
19. Tampa Bay at Jacksonville 10 a.m.
20. Washington at Miami 3 p.m.
21. New England at Cincinnati 9 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 23
22. San Diego at Arizona 10 a.m.
23. Houston at Pittsburgh 1 p.m.
24. Dallas at Oakland 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 24
25. New Orleans at Green Bay 12 p.m.
26. San Francisco at Chicago 3 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 28
26. New York Giants at New York Jets 11 a.m.
27. San Francisco at Minnesota 2 p.m.
28. Green Bay at Jacksonville 5 p.m.
29. Oakland at Arizona 11 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 29
30. New Orleans at Chicago 9 a.m.
31. Seattle at San Diego 12 p.m.
32. Cincinnati at Atlanta 3 p.m.
33. Buffalo at Indianapolis 9 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 30
34. Houston at Denver 9 a.m.
35. Detroit at Baltimore 12 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 31
36. Cleveland at Kansas City 12 p.m.
37. Miami at Tampa Bay 3 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 2
38. Jacksonville at New England (Live) 6:30 p.m.
39. St. Louis at Oakland (Live) 10 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 3
40. Baltimore at New York Giants 12 p.m.
41. Kansas City at Dallas 3 p.m.
42. San Diego at San Francisco 12 a.m.
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from six games 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 4
44. Buffalo at Detroit 11 a.m.
45. Minnesota at Seattle 7 p.m.
46. Carolina at Pittsburgh 10 p.m.
47. Philadelphia at New York Jets 12 a.m.
Sunday, Sept. 5
48. Tampa Bay at Houston 10 a.m.
49. Indianapolis at Cincinnati 1 p.m.
50. Green Bay at Tennessee 4 p.m.
51. Chicago at Cleveland 11 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 6
52. Arizona at Denver 9 a.m.
53. Atlanta at Washington 1 p.m.
54. Miami at New Orleans 4 p.m.

That's the real question. I want to know that as well. This 24 hr HD feed does not mean HD all the time, either. They try to impress you with the language but we know that there is more than meet the eye.

Are you saying all those games will be in HD on the NFL Net? Freaking amazing if that's true I may not get off from the couch until February.

Dvlos said:
Are you saying all those games will be in HD on the NFL Net? Freaking amazing if that's true I may not get off from the couch until February.

This is only for the month of August (pre-season). That's the real question. Which ones will be in HD?

Well for sure ESPN is showing several of those Live, and in HD. I'm sure ABC will as well, can't wait to find out, don't dissappoint me NFL Net!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)