NFL investigator finds Incognito responsible

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
This should get interesting now...

NFL investigator Ted Wells' report on the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal concluded that Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey engaged in a pattern of harassment directed at not only Jonathan Martin, but another young Dolphins offensive lineman and an assistant trainer.

The findings of Wells' report were released Friday. He was retained by commissioner Roger Goodell on Nov. 6 to examine the club's workplace environment.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10455447/miami-dolphins-bullying-report-released-richie-incognito-others-responsible-harassment

I really dont care what or what didnt happen but Incognito's career will continue and Martin's is practically finished.

On my college hoops team, we had 3 unwritten, unspoken but cardinal rules: 1- stick up for your teammates, 2- keep your drama off the court and 3- what happens in the locker room stays there.

I also find it odd that the report never addressed all the texts Martin send out.

However, Goodell, in his attempt to be "PC" will likely suspend Incognito 4 games (based on the games he was banned last season). Irony strikes again, Incognito calls Martin gay he Ritchie's the one takin' it up the......... by the NFL.

Cheers, K

I really dont care what or what didnt happen but Incognito's career will continue and Martin's is practically finished.

On my college hoops team, we had 3 unwritten, unspoken but cardinal rules: 1- stick up for your teammates, 2- keep your drama off the court and 3- what happens in the locker room stays there.
Big difference in College and the NFL. With the NFL, workplace harassment laws come into play.

Are there any more cases out there?
Don't know, but if the NFL doesn't act on reported cases, they open themselves up to workplace harassment suits. For the same reasons we all take all annual harassment courses mandated by companies HR departments.

Remember, as far as the law is concerned, the players are employees and the teams are their employers, subject to the same workplace laws/rules that we are.

I know will take a lot of heat for some of the things that took place. But the two things that REALLY stood out in the report was text inbetween Incognito and a player about using scopes and rifles to kill black people and running "a train on your sister".

Incognito is a douche bag, plain and simple. To think that underwear stain did a PSA for the team about behaving at football games:

Last edited by a moderator:

I also find it odd that the report never addressed all the texts Martin send out.

However, Goodell, in his attempt to be "PC" will likely suspend Incognito 4 games (based on the games he was banned last season). Irony strikes again, Incognito calls Martin gay he Ritchie's the one takin' it up the......... by the NFL.

Cheers, K

Exactly! His texts were just as bad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...r-trainer-kevin-oneill-following-wells-report

Cant find thwe NFL Off-Season thread? Anywho, heads are rolling in the 'Cognito-Gate. OL coach and long time head trainer were let go due to the fallout.
With teams now having 20 or so coachs and a heck of a large support staff (training, psychiatrists, investigators), yet "only" 2 relatively minor positions within the Dolphins organization knew what was going on? UH HUH.

In my workplace... if I do something stupid, the story would spread like wild fire...... yet 80 or so players, 20+/- coaches and maybe 100+/- support staff and no one talked? I wouldnt be suprised in the least if the ENTIRE organization knew the "culture" of the current lockroom...infact I'd bet on it.

Unless your the owner, HC, OC, DC, GM or President of the Dolphins, I'd watch my back.

I wish this crap would go away already! We all know the Fins are a joke from top to bottom. JOKE!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)