NFL Network: 15 preseason games in HD!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
(July 21, 2005) -- Top NFL rookies and veterans will be on display this summer on NFL Network in crystal clear high definition.

NFL Network will air 15 preseason games in "HD" including three games featuring the two-time defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and the first NFL game in the careers of numerous first-round draft picks including Alex Smith (49ers), Carnell Williams (Buccaneers), Carlos Rogers (Redskins) and Braylon Edwards (Browns).

In addition, fans will see other first-round draft choices on display including Ronnie Brown (Dolphins) and Matt Jones (Jaguars) over the course of the preseason in high definition.

These 15 games are also available in standard definition as part of NFL Network’s coverage of 55 preseason games in 25 days this summer.

Below are the 2005 preseason games airing in high definition on NFL Network.

Week 1
Saturday, August 13 at 3 p.m. ET -- New England at Cincinnati
Saturday, August 13 at 10 p.m. ET (live) -- Oakland at San Francisco
Sunday, August 14 at 11 p.m. ET -- New York Giants at Cleveland
Monday, August 15 at 4 p.m. ET -- Washington at Carolina
Tuesday, August 16 at 12 Noon ET -- Tampa Bay at Tennessee

Week 2
Sunday, August 21 at 8 p.m. ET -- Carolina at New York Giants
Monday, August 22 at 1 p.m. ET -- San Francisco at Denver
Tuesday, August 23 at 12 Noon ET -- Jacksonville at Tampa Bay
Wednesday, August 24 at 12 Noon ET -- Cincinnati at Washington

Week 3
Saturday, August 27 at 4 p.m. ET -- New England at Green Bay
Sunday, August 28 at 8 a.m. ET -- New York Jets at New York Giants
Sunday, August 28 at 12:30 p.m. ET -- Tampa Bay at Miami

Week 4
Friday, September 2 at 12 Noon ET -- Houston at Tampa Bay
Saturday, September 3 at 12 Midnight ET -- New York Giants at New England
Monday, September 5 at 3 p.m. ET -- Washington at Baltimore

Source

DirecTV will show them.

I think Comcast, Adelphia, not sure the other cable co's

And It's looking like Dish Network will be showing them as well, sweet!!!! :)

NFL HD on NETWORKS?

Is there a schedule anywhere of which NFL games (if any) will be broadcast by major OTA networks in HD? I want to watch my Super-Bowl Bound Bengals in HD (OTA only).

CRendall said:
Any chance DirecTV will show these games in HD like they showed NFL Network's Game of the Week last year?

Just checked D* on line web site guide, for this Saturday, they don't show either of the games in HD, just the regular NFL Network.

"I have to take back a little of my praise. Overall very good; but there looks like they maybe one camera has condensation on the lens, and there have been some focus issues with other cameras. Still, when its focused properly, its extremely sharp. Not a bad effort for the first local HD broadcast in Tampa, but they've got a little work to do with their cameramen (at least I think that's the issue)."

if this is the post you are referring to, i agree. they cut way to many times to the bad camera and if there is a big action sceen it looks like a poor transfer. it looks great if their is no action, but i believe if it is in hd, then there should be not lose of quality, and in this game their is. alot of it. however, go bucs.

lou_do said:
Tonight on the D* program guide, they are showing the Patriots/Cinnci game on Channel 98 in HD, at 3:30 Saturday.

I see the game was scrambled, is it part of the ST-HD package? I thought it was part of the NFL network and would be available to anyone that has the D* HD package.

It seems that way, looks to be another oneof D*s tricks.

I would've thought it would've been available to everyone sicne the regular NFL Network is in TC

WNBC will be showing a browns/giants game at 8:00PM ET so if you have that distant from D* you should be able to watch that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)