NFL Network - Can't See Complete Scoreboard Banner

YoungClayB

Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

When watching a game on the NFL network, you can only see the bottom part of the scoreboard and you can't see the game clock at all.

I am using VIP722 with component HD cables...aspect ration is "normal"

I know that the picture info is there somewhere because once I enter the setup menus (by hitting the "menu" button), I can then see the entire scoreboard.

-Clay

Do all other channels look ok.

Hit Menu>> 6 >> 8 and make sure it's set to 720 or 1080 and 16:9.

I was watching NFL Network via NBC for the Pats game on a SD CRT tv, and couldnt see all of the clock. Seems to be an overscan issue especially with other tvs. This was the first time I was watching on a CRT tv.

Its a rear projection HD TV thats about 5 or 6 years old(Toshiba 42H81). All the other channels look fine; I've never had any sort of issue like this before.

Any way to fix it?

It has nothing to do with NFL network!!! Your TV has an overscan on it of 1%-2%. The first HDTV we bought was a Vizio and on ABC HD all you can see is the AB and half of the C on their logo. There is no way of fixing this unless you have an overscan option in you TV settings. If you do have an overscan option, then set it to full pixal and not normal or 1%.

You are correct. I missed the part where he said he could see it all in the little box when in menu mode. I was basing it on him not being able to see it on HD feed and HokieEngineer getting the same thing on an SD CRT. That would indicate a network feed problem.

I've had trouble with my 722 defaulting to Partial Zoom when going to NFLNHD. What you describe sounds exactly how my TV looks when it does this.

I have a Panasonic 53" rear projection 1080i CRT. It does the same thing on most channels, and on my xbox 360. I always thought it was because I was using component cables, but now I am 100% hdmi and it still does it. In a way, its nice to know its my tv, but it also sucks b/c it cant be fixed!

I have a Panasonic 53" rear projection 1080i CRT. It does the same thing on most channels, and on my xbox 360. I always thought it was because I was using component cables, but now I am 100% hdmi and it still does it. In a way, its nice to know its my tv, but it also sucks b/c it cant be fixed!

Get that Panny into service mode and nothing cannot be adjusted.

Service mode usually requires a series of sequential key strokes to be accessed.

You might try AVSForum to see the thread for your display. Usually they can tell you how to enter service mode and the things not to touch while you're in there.

Service mode usually requires a series of sequential key strokes to be accessed.

You might try AVSForum to see the thread for your display. Usually they can tell you how to enter service mode and the things not to touch while you're in there.

cool thanks - i will give it a shot. i couldnt find a thread for my specific tv, so I made a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)