Status
Not open for further replies.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Anyone that watched the commercials today saw this, most providers that don't offer NFL Network in their base package or even offer it are going to be upset, this is going to be huge.
Hopefully more people will get the NFL network in their homes (for the providers that don't offer it, I bet this commercial alone will make a lot of people change their providers (mainly for the hardcore football fans if they haven't done this yet)
More info @ I Want My NFL Network!

Here are some more links:

Comcast, NFL Network battle reaches new phase: Comcast, NFL Network battle reaches new phase -- themorningcall.com

News briefs: Comcast fed up with NFL Network encouraging switch: National Football League - CBSSports.com

And many more links @ All News & Videos » Blog Archive » iwantnflnetwork.com

Ha I love that website. Specially the "Facts" area.. What a load of crap, if they cared so much they would not charge .62 per sub. If they want fans to "see there game" They should offer it free to the providers I bet they get on the basic lineup in a heart beat..

My favorite is the whole 'Stifle competition" thing. What league just signed an EXCLUSIVE deal with ONE provider for SUNDAY TICKET? Oh, that would be the NFL.

Wonder where equal access and competition went in that case? :rolleyes:

Oh that's different because that benefits the NFL.

What a bunch of hypocrites. :down

Let all providers have access to ST, and they would be glad to pay the tab for all their subscribers to have NFL Network, I'd bet.

I think this is a huge slap in the face for cable companies that don't offer NFL Network at all.

I think this is a huge slap in the face for cable companies that don't offer NFL Network at all.
Its offered here and I suspect on most cable systems. The problem is it is on the digital tier that most tightwads do not want to pay extra for. You know people initially had to get off their antennas and sub to cable to watch ESPN. Now they will be forced to sub to another higher tier of cable. It will happen. Its not cables fault. You want them to give away programming that the NFL charges for? It aint gonna happen. The poster above you is correct, the commercials were unfair to cable and do not tell the real story. They fail to mention that its the NFL that wants to be PAID.

Its offered here and I suspect on most cable systems. The problem is it is on the digital tier that most tightwads do not want to pay extra for. You know people initially had to get off their antennas and sub to cable to watch ESPN. Now they will be forced to sub to another higher tier of cable. It will happen. Its not cables fault. You want them to give away programming that the NFL charges for? It aint gonna happen. The poster above you is correct, the commercials were unfair to cable and do not tell the real story. They fail to mention that its the NFL that wants to be PAID.

How much money is D* and DISH paying per sub vs what the Cable co's are being asked to pay ?
If they are close or equal, then I see no basis for thier beef.
The NFL Network IS on D*'s BASIC Package

You have to look at BOTH sides,if it's close what is being charged per sub then I have no problem with it.

Jimbo

Jimbo, does DTV have more subs that comcast and other cable providers combined together?

DirecTV also has the exclusive on Sunday Ticket.. They Spend Hundreds of millions to get it. Its obvious there "Niche" is the NFL sports fan, and it benefits them greatly to have NFLNET on a basic package. Why? Because low and behold a good percentage of their subs are only sports fan, They turn the sat on during sunday ticket and turn it off the rest of the year. or they only keep the Basic sat service so they can get sunday ticket, and still have their cable. I goto many of houses that have both dish and cable, and they usually are sport fanatics. Sat has cable beat when it comes to sports programming because that is their target audience. Cables target audiance is the other millions of people in the nation or are not fanatics.

If the NFL Network is as "Caring about the fans" As they claim to be they would not charge everyone in the country .62 a month. They would allow only the fans who want the channel pay the extra fee. Because comcast, brighthouse, timewarner will not pay a dime of that fee, everyone will even granny who only has the standard package so she can watch her lifetime network! Wanna know why cable/dish prices go up each year so much? Call ESPN and the other channel providers and ask why they went up... These channels raise there rates without much problem why? Because people dont go bitch to them, they go bitch to comcast at the rates going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)