NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

If the dispute isn't over soon I'm as good as gone and that is not an idle threat.
The problem is that if you like me are a die hard NFL Red Zone Channel viewer, Directv does you no good unless you buy the NFL Sunday Ticket.
If Dish drops the Red Zone Channel, I will have to find an alternative.
I am a Draft Kings user and if there is no Red Zone, I will be very pissed off.

You are all over the place, Playmakers wasn't on HBO (and was hardly plausible), Ray Lewis has never worked for NFLN and Warren Sap hasn't for months. The NFL is no longer a non-profit. Young men made instant millionaires, imagine that they do some crazy stuff.

I stand corrected. Twice. And I am sorry for the misinformation. However . Playmakers was pulled from ESPN at the request of the NFL. And it showed scenarios that are ,did and do represent the the NFL players of today and when it was showing. As for Sap. Google it or send him money. He broke again.Go Packers!!

The problem is that if you like me are a die hard NFL Red Zone Channel viewer, Directv does you no good unless you buy the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Yep.

But you will almost definitely be able to get a free year of Sunday Ticket with Redzone from Directv as a new customer. They have advertised the hell out of that every season for years. It's the second year where you will either have to shell out for Sunday Ticket or an ETF to switch back to Dish.

I don't think any of this will matter anyways. Dish has barely any reason to negotiate in good faith until the preseason/season starts. They know they can hold out and hope for a better deal right now because there is very little demand for NFL Network/Redzone in June. Even if they don't end up getting a lower price they might benefit by not paying out that $1.40 per subscriber for a couple summer months.

I highly doubt they will actually go into the season without NFL Network/Redzone. The NFL is just too big in terms of ratings. Plus Dish loves advertising how much cheaper their Sports Pack with Redzone is than Sunday Ticket. They aren't going to want to go into the season without counter-advertising for all the Sunday Ticket commercials. I think the only question is whether it comes back in time for the preseason games.

Better to have this disputed in June than September.

I seriously doubt anyone is noticing NFL network is gone.

Not right now. However, I'm pretty sure the NFL is content to drag this dispute out for a while because they know the pressure on Charlie/Dish to settle will increase as the season approaches.

My dad loves RedZone and will be upset if he can't subscribe to the channel this Fall. This might make him switch over to Directv if this isn't resolved.

Reactions: reddice
For all of these disputes, you would think that Dish's prices should be much cheaper than other providers, which really isn't the case. If they sign, I would think it should be cheaper than what the other providers are paying for the same channels. I mean, they keep doing this, so it must benefit Charlie somehow. I would think that Dish should be $15 to $20 a month cheaper than Direct or Cable. If you listen to Dish's side, they are fighting for us, right?

I wonder how much of this is about NFL simulcasting half of the NFL Network games on CBS. Pay for a channel and then the NFL goes off and sells half the content to another channel....? Never understood how they could do that.

http://www.whatyoupayforsports.com/numbers/ These are for cable channels that broadcast sports as of June 2016 using SNL Kagan estimates. I didn't realize that ESPN has crossed the $7 per subscriber threshold. NFL Network is 3rd most expensive behind ESPN and TNT. And with only 8 exclusive games that aren't being simulcasted on CBS or NBC, I can see why Dish would say it's hard to justify the $1.40. The drop off after you get past FS1, TBS, and ESPN2 is pretty drastic for all the other channels that broadcast sports.

http://www.whatyoupayforsports.com/numbers/ These are for cable channels that broadcast sports as of [June 2016 using SNL Kagan estimates. I didn't realize that ESPN has crossed the $7 per subscriber threshold. NFL Network is 3rd most expensive behind ESPN and TNT. And with only 8 exclusive games that aren't being simulcasted on CBS or NBC, I can see why Dish would say it's hard to justify the $1.40. The drop off after you get past FS1, TBS, and ESPN2 is pretty drastic for all the other channels that broadcast sports.

Dish would gladly pay $2 for the NFL Channel if they could sell it through the Sports Pack. The NFL Channel wants to force all Dish customers to pay for the channel, most people don't ever tune it in all year.

Have you not switched yet? If you are as unhappy as you purport to be, you definitely do not need to stay with Dish.
You're right I don't, but it's really none of your business if I do or don't.
And I'm not the topic of this thread.

So that means everyone that wants this channel that is a current Dish subscriber shouldn't demand the channel returned?
Or even talk about how displeased they are?

No right, only the fanboys are aloud to discuss that the dropped channels mean nothing to them , so it shouldn't mean anything to anyone else.

If it doesn't bother you, Then yous should find another thread to kiss Dish %$$.

No one is stopping you from using "ignore "

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

NFL has 60 million subscribers without dish, they don't need dish.
Fans will go where they have to.
Dish will just lose more customers.
No NFL or Red Zone.
Yeah good luck Dish with this one.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
And, of course DISH will reduce the sports package cost to compensate us for the loss of the NFL channel.......NOT!

And, of course DISH will reduce the sports package cost to compensate us for the loss of the NFL channel.......NOT!

I would hope they would lower the price if they don't have RedZone back for the season... $13 for basically Pac 12 Network (if you don't get it as an RSN), Strike Zone, and the out of market RSN's that are mainly blacked-out...

Reactions: pattykay
Let's settle the cover the viewership issue. Are there any Nielsen ratings? Are there any viewership ratings. Let's Not throw around how necessary it is and watches it the most, because we do or don't watch it.

Reactions: papachops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts