NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
WOW some of you guys are really out of touch with reality. With only 16 games in a season every game counts, even Thursday night games. Many who subscribe to satellite do it for sports not sitcoms and movies and have never heard of forums like Satellite Guys so aren't here to express their opinions.
Its RedZone that most are concerned with and yes I'll guarantee many will jump ship if NFL network isn't back on very soon. We are 1 month out from start of preseason and much analyzes including fantasy football prospects (75 million play) are being missed out on because of this ongoing malignancy with Dish network.
Curious, why isn't the NFL a malignacy? They are getting, what, $100 or $200 million a MNF game? And they feel the need to add some sort of premium price to a channel that provides virtually no live sports? The NFL is out of control!

Reactions: dare2be
Football fans want NFL network for more reasons than the 8 Thursday night games. I'm not going into it again so the question is does this escalate to changing out a system or provider? That's up to the individuals passion for the game. For me TV is all about sports and news, zero about movies reality TV & game shows.
Only extreme football fans. The rest will settle and realize they do not watch the channel as much as the price is asked.

Reactions: osu1991 and bobvick
Football fans want NFL network for more reasons than the 8 Thursday night games. I'm not going into it again so the question is does this escalate to changing out a system or provider? That's up to the individuals passion for the game. For me TV is all about sports and news, zero about movies reality TV & game shows.

Very understandable for you. What some of us are replying to is the idea DISH is going to lose any real number of subs over the NFL channel, a channel that was not widely available to begin with in the packages. I acknowledge the Red Zone is very popular and no doubt some number of subs subscribed to the Sports pack to get it. There just isn't enough subscribers like you whose household is interested in switching providers over the NFL network. As much more time goes on, if it appears the NFL is not coming back I might agree more subs could switch, but I still don't see it as that many, not for the NFL network.

I think the main point lost...You CANT get NFL season ticket on Dish. You cant get NFL network on Dish. You cant get Red zone on Dish.....So for a football fan you have very little to watch......Then if your like me and live thousands of miles from home, in theory on Dish I get very little in return...
As for what happens, we are just the pawns as usual....

WOW some of you guys are really out of touch with reality. With only 16 games in a season every game counts, even Thursday night games. Many who subscribe to satellite do it for sports not sitcoms and movies and have never heard of forums like Satellite Guys so aren't here to express their opinions.
Its RedZone that most are concerned with and yes I'll guarantee many will jump ship if NFL network isn't back on very soon. We are 1 month out from start of preseason and much analyzes including fantasy football prospects (75 million play) are being missed out on because of this ongoing malignancy with Dish network.

I disagree about the importance of the NFL Network, but agree about being more concerned with Red Zone.

Every game counts in a 16 game season, but not every game broadcast matters. Say the Seahawks are playing the Lions. As a New Englander, a Patriots fan, and a guy who isn't involved in fantasy sports/gambling on sports, I could care less about that game in the regular season; regardless if it's Sunday afternoon, Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night, Thanksgiving, or on All Saints Day. If it's on and I see it, I'll watch it, but I'm not dropping Dish because I can't see that game.

Because I live in my team's home market, I won't miss a Patriots game, as it's broadcasted over the air. Now, I'm a casual sports watcher. I like my home teams, but don't lose my mind to watch other teams, unless they just happen to be on. If I was a Dolphins fan living in New England, I would have probably gone with Directv to begin with for Sunday Ticket. Most Dish subs haven't lost the ability to see the games they "need" to see. If you are one of those people, you are either too obsessed and in the minority, or a damn fool for thinking that Dish was the right provider to see every NFL game.

As for the Red Zone, you're right. Many people got complacent with paying $13+ a month for it. I am one of those people. But, I'm not going to have a meltdown if it doesn't return this season...for the above mentioned reasons.

I disagree about the importance of the NFL Network, but agree about being more concerned with Red Zone.

Every game counts in a 16 game season, but not every game broadcast matters. Say the Seahawks are playing the Lions. As a New Englander, a Patriots fan, and a guy who isn't involved in fantasy sports/gambling on sports, I could care less about that game in the regular season; regardless if it's Sunday afternoon, Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night, Thanksgiving, or on All Saints Day. If it's on and I see it, I'll watch it, but I'm not dropping Dish because I can't see that game.

Because I live in my team's home market, I won't miss a Patriots game, as it's broadcasted over the air. Now, I'm a casual sports watcher. I like my home teams, but don't lose my mind to watch other teams, unless they just happen to be on. If I was a Dolphins fan living in New England, I would have probably gone with Directv to begin with for Sunday Ticket. Most Dish subs haven't lost the ability to see the games they "need" to see. If you are one of those people, you are either too obsessed and in the minority, or a damn fool for thinking that Dish was the right provider to see every NFL game.

As for the Red Zone, you're right. Many people got complacent with paying $13+ a month for it. I am one of those people. But, I'm not going to have a meltdown if it doesn't return this season...for the above mentioned reasons.
The is the best summary of what is actually happening, that I think I have seen to date. Well put sir.

Reactions: The Fat Man
Never watched the channel in the first place. Only game I watch is the super bowl.

I think the main point lost...You CANT get NFL season ticket on Dish. You cant get NFL network on Dish. You cant get Red zone on Dish.....So for a football fan you have very little to watch......Then if your like me and live thousands of miles from home, in theory on Dish I get very little in return...
As for what happens, we are just the pawns as usual....

But here's the problem with that concerning the NFL Network. Just how many of the total of 8 games they exclusively carry are going to be with the Home team you are trying to follow? One,Two maybe? None maybe? Someone depending on anything other than the Sunday Ticket for a team 1000 miles away isn't going to see too many games. You may get a couple of Monday night games or later in the season a Saturday game that are televised nationally and there are games nationally televised Thursday night not exclusive to the NFL network.

Only extreme football fans. The rest will settle and realize they do not watch the channel as much as the price is asked.

Underestimate the power of the NFL, do you? The NFL is HUGE, and the NFL network having exclusive games will just hurt even worse. Redzone and fantasy go together like peas and carrots.

Dish will loose a substantial number of subs if they don't get it back.

Honestly, there is no way a deal won't be struck.
It's a no brainer.

Hopefully it will be later this month or August.

If not , well we can just look at our other options.

But right now , My Cable Company gave me a 6 month promo with my Internet for Basic plus for $20 extra.
That gives me , MSG, SNY, YES, COMCAST Philly, NFL Network.
So worst case, I have football till December.
Problem is , after that it's going up $40 more .

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Underestimate the power of the NFL, do you? The NFL is HUGE, and the NFL network having exclusive games will just hurt even worse. Redzone and fantasy go together like peas and carrots.

Dish will loose a substantial number of subs if they don't get it back.
No, not underestimating the power of the NFL. I think you may be underestimating the power of the pocket however. Again, only extreme fans will be out. Everyone else may be pissy, but not going anywhere.

The NFL is like the Mob. Lot's on money and clout and can hold video providers hostage by charging insanely high prices per sub. Good for Dish to stand up to this crap. I do hope you guys get it back for the NFL season and it's more likely a deal will be done but ESPN, NFL Network, and Local TV station owners want to get their hands in the cookie jar. I know this is a bit off topic but I loved it when DirecTV pulled the Weather Channel due to their massive per sub cost increase and not doing the weather but airing reality shows. After adding WeatherNation all of a sudden TWC wanted to play. Part of the deal was them to do let's see, the weather what a concept!. That lasted and after a few weeks TWC went back to showing reality shows again. That was insane!. I think the amount of Dish customers cancelling their service due to the NFL Network and Red Zone channels missing won't be that bad enough to cause a massive defection and some short of deal should happen before the season or at least the pre-season. NFL Network, and Tribune deals will have Dish and the programmers kiss and make up at some point and the affected channels and locals return.

Reactions: dare2be and ChadT41
Perhaps Dish won't lose a large number of subs over this dispute, but the issue for me is the history of these disputes. Eventually every customer will be without a channel they do care about for a period of time, such as NFL, AMC, Viacom, Fox News, etc. I think that by signing up for tv service you have a reasonable expectation that your provider will provide you with the channels in the package you signed up for. With Dish, you never know from one day to the next which channel you may be without and for how long.

I made the move to Dish almost a year ago because of price, however now they are actually more expensive than DTV now that ATT has gotten involved.

I believe that in this day and age it is exceedingly difficult to survive as a stand-alone tv provider. Dish may be taking this stance feeling it's the only way they can stay viable but by doing so they may actually be sealing their own fate.

Reactions: reddice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts