NFL Network GB at DAL - PQ was great!

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
I have to say, the PQ on the game last night was fantastic!

I've always looked forward to the Sunday Night Football game for a great picture but I was very impressed with the quality of the game broadcast last night.

Did I say wow?

To me the PQ looked too washed out on NFL-HD.

Some of the other HD channels look better.

Why on earth they not broadcast in DD 5.1, I will never know.

They did that last year, but you would of thought they would have rectified that this year.

I think that the quality looked like it could have been okay... but the picture looked dark to me... almost like they turned the lights down at the stadium.

Usually I love night games in HD... because everything sparkles in hd... but this broadcast didn't.

I was thinking to myself last night... the PQ looked awesome to me.

I have a ViP722 set to 1080i and my 3 year old Sony 57" Rear Projection CRT does 1080i natively.

My Sony does not do 720p good at all... it looks washed out.

I have a ViP722 set to 1080i and my 3 year old Sony 57" Rear Projection CRT does 1080i natively.

Same, or at least very similar TV, and thought the picture looked really good but not great. 8-8.5/10.

My 55" Mits Rear projection CRT looked awesome last night. It also does 1080i natively. The colors were great, and no artifacts (that I saw).
I guess everyone has a different idea of what looks good, but while watching, I thought about how nice the picture was.
Tom in TX

I switched back and forth from Direct to Dish while watching... Dish looked better on my 3 year old CRT in the livingroom Direct looked better in my Ht room from a Mitsubitsi HD1000U... Both from Dvr's, Direct was about 3 seconds behind dish...

I have to say, the PQ on the game last night was fantastic!

I've always looked forward to the Sunday Night Football game for a great picture but I was very impressed with the quality of the game broadcast last night.

Did I say wow?

Agreed! I thought it looked excellent as well.

Too bad Aaron Rodgers didn't step in a little earlier though... it may have been a much better outcome... :)

I thought the pq was really good. Last year I know some people did not like how the games looked on NFL Network hd. I thought it has better pq than any of the networks.

Ditto

I agree that the picture quality was better than ESPN and the networks. It was nice to watch, and the announcers were comical as well.

the PQ was simply OK imo. I saw a Cowboys game a couple weeks ago (I believe it was against New York) and my brother-in-law and I simply could not believe how great the PQ was. It was 20x better than the game we watched before it! I don't know why, but some feeds, even on the same major network, look absolutely stunning and then another game will look absolutely so-so....

the PQ was simply OK imo. I saw a Cowboys game a couple weeks ago (I believe it was against New York) and my brother-in-law and I simply could not believe how great the PQ was. It was 20x better than the game we watched before it! I don't know why, but some feeds, even on the same major network, look absolutely stunning and then another game will look absolutely so-so....

Sunday Night Football - They break out the good cameras for that game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)