NFL Network Needed ON TWC

TWC and every other provider would offer it in a heart beat if the NFL Network didnt demand so much. As far as TWC/BHN there position has been simple. If NFL Net wants to charge so much money per sub, then allow BHN/TWC to put NFL net on a la carte or at least on a sports tier.

Instead of forcing nearly 12million subs to ALL pay for the channel when a fraction want it.

Option two is if NFL Net wants all 12million to get it, then lower the cost per sub. What is the NFL Net asking these days over 75cent a sub right? 75cents dont seem like much but thats a lot of money per month x 12million subs.

TWC and every other provider would offer it in a heart beat if the NFL Network didnt demand so much. As far as TWC/BHN there position has been simple. If NFL Net wants to charge so much money per sub, then allow BHN/TWC to put NFL net on a la carte or at least on a sports tier.

Instead of forcing nearly 12million subs to ALL pay for the channel when a fraction want it.

Option two is if NFL Net wants all 12million to get it, then lower the cost per sub. What is the NFL Net asking these days over 75cent a sub right? 75cents dont seem like much but thats a lot of money per month x 12million subs.

I'm no insider but I have heard that the NFL offered the same deal accepted by Comcast last year to put it on their digital tier (and not on a specialty sports tier). Rumors are around .45 per sub. Worth it IMO. But, in the end-- there are options if it means that much to you (Dish, DirectTV, U-Verse, etc.).

can anyone confirm if twc/bhn are the only major cable providers who don't have the nfl network? if so, then i have to put the bulk of blame on the cable companies.

yeah, toad, i looked that up. cablevision is only in a few northern states where time warner is in about half the country.

att uverse has it and fios.

yeah, toad, i looked that up. cablevision is only in a few northern states where time warner is in about half the country.

att uverse has it and fios.

TWC or Cablevision basically have New York State all wrapped up. The competition is FIOS (available in very limited areas statewide) Directv or Dish. Dish doesn't have MSG family of channels in HD or the Yankees in any form. Directv does but you will get nailed on your high speed internet charges from TWC or Cablevision, when you don't bundle.

So in my case I am pretty much forced to stick with TWC or move to Directv, get the NFL Network and pay considerably more when subbing to high speed internet and dbs video separately.

TWC or Cablevision basically have New York State all wrapped up. The competition is FIOS (available in very limited areas statewide) Directv or Dish. Dish doesn't have MSG family of channels in HD or the Yankees in any form. Directv does but you will get nailed on your high speed internet charges from TWC or Cablevision, when you don't bundle.

So in my case I am pretty much forced to stick with TWC or move to Directv, get the NFL Network and pay considerably more when subbing to high speed internet and dbs video separately.

Yep ... I'm in that same boat. I had Dish a couple of years ago and it was not only expensive (to not have the TWC bundle), but it was also very annoying to lose signal every time it drizzled outside. I'd love to have the NFLN (and MASN here in NC)-- but TWC seems very willing to lose subs over this issue, knowing that most are like us ... willing to forgo a couple of channels to get the other benefits of cable (vs. satellite).

New hope for TWC getting NFL Network? Nope.

Note ... "Time Warner Cable ... is not a member".

(from espn.com)

NFL Network agrees to cable co-op deal

NEW YORK -- NFL Network has agreed to a deal with the National Cable Television Cooperative to add the channel to more cable systems.

NCTC members will have the option to add NFL Network under the deal. NCTC represents 17 of the top 20 cable operators in the country.

Time Warner, which has feuded with NFL Network, is not a member.

The agreement also includes NFL RedZone, which shows key plays of each game live during Sunday afternoons.

NFL Network reached more than 56.5 million subscribers before the deal, about half of the country's homes with televisions.

NCTC members combine to serve more than 26.7 million subscribers, but some of those cable operators already had individual deals with NFL Network.

Note ... "Time Warner Cable ... is not a member".

(from espn.com)

NFL Network agrees to cable co-op deal

NEW YORK -- NFL Network has agreed to a deal with the National Cable Television Cooperative to add the channel to more cable systems.

NCTC members will have the option to add NFL Network under the deal. NCTC represents 17 of the top 20 cable operators in the country.

Time Warner, which has feuded with NFL Network, is not a member.

The agreement also includes NFL RedZone, which shows key plays of each game live during Sunday afternoons.

NFL Network reached more than 56.5 million subscribers before the deal, about half of the country's homes with televisions.

NCTC members combine to serve more than 26.7 million subscribers, but some of those cable operators already had individual deals with NFL Network.

Basically the pressure is on TWC to finally come to a deal. They are just about the only one left whom won't have a deal. Time to deal or their churn for video is about to skyrocket.

Basically the pressure is on TWC to finally come to a deal. They are just about the only one left whom won't have a deal. Time to deal or their churn for video is about to skyrocket.

The thing is ... I don't think they (TWC) care. If they did, they wouldn't be doing this non-sense with Disney (ABC/ESPN). They are losing subs BEFORE the 9/2 deadline. As for the NFLN, their position is absurd. Is it expensive? Yep. But, it's damn popular and people want it. I think more subs than not, would trade a bunch of their niche crap channels for one NFLN. But, that's me.

The thing is ... I don't think they (TWC) care. If they did, they wouldn't be doing this non-sense with Disney (ABC/ESPN). They are losing subs BEFORE the 9/2 deadline. As for the NFLN, their position is absurd. Is it expensive? Yep. But, it's damn popular and people want it. I think more subs than not, would trade a bunch of their niche crap channels for one NFLN. But, that's me.

Dish has it on a higher tier now, so there is no reason why TWC can't make an agreement to get it on its sports tier. After all you are talking quite a few NFL Markets being left off by not being on Time Warner. Buffalo, New York, Dallas, Cleveland, Carolina, to name a few.

Another season begins w/o the NFL Network and Red Zone

NFL RedZone Counts 80 Affiliates As Season Kicks Off - 2010-09-12 07:10:03 | Multichannel News

So, Red Zone now has over 80 agreements. NFLN has close to 100, including all of the top 5 cable/sat companies EXCEPT TWC. It amazes me how anyone would think the NFL is being unreasonable and Time Warner is "looking out for their customers and trying to keep costs down." Yeah, NFLN costs more than the 12 shopping channels on TWC's line-up. But, guess what-- people actually want it. Yeah, we all want a la carte. But, the programmers (who force bundle channels into agreements), the providers (who don't mind charging excessive rates for "tiers"), and the FCC (who are getting their pockets lined by both content programmers and providers (of which Time Warner corporate is both)-- don't want it. So, it ain't going to happen-- no matter what you hear ... which is carefully worded for public consumption.

In the end, for those TWC subs who care about this channel (and others that TWC either doesn't provide or refuses (i.e. MASN for NC subs))--- have clear choices. Direct TV, Dish Network, Verizon or AT&T Fios. Unless, of course-- you have an obstructed view or Verizon/AT&T hasn't come to your neighborhood yet.

Who knows ... maybe hell will freeze over and TWC will add it. And, I have some land in the everglades if anyone is interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts