NFL Postseason Awards 2011

No Bengals from the Defense is down right stupid. I absolutely can't believe that.

Comeback, wheres he coming back from ?

Since being drafted in the first round of the 2005 draft, Smith has had a mediocre career. His stunted growth probably had something to do with his many coaches he's had. In Smith's NFL career, he's had SEVEN different offensive coordinators. This year, he's guided his team to a 12-3 record thus far and has shown vast improvement and leadership skills.

HD MM said:
Since being drafted in the first round of the 2005 draft, Smith has had a mediocre career. His stunted growth probably had something to do with his many coaches he's had. In Smith's NFL career, he's had SEVEN different offensive coordinators. This year, he's guided his team to a 12-3 record thus far and has shown vast improvement and leadership skills.

I'm sorry but he isn't the reason they are winning, their defense, punter and their running game. Smith is just doing enough to not lose.

HD MM said:
Same can be said for Roethlisburger and the mediocre season he's having.

I don't think so, the running game isn't very good. Because of his passing they are scoring. The punter isn't very good and the defense isn't like it use to be, yeah they are good but not their normal greatness. :D

So where does this get the Comeback of the Year award ?

Comeback of the Year is suppose to go to a injured player coming back.
IF your looking for a Comeback player of the Year (Injured) it should go to Matt Stafford.

IF your looking for a Comeback player of the Year (Injured) it should go to Matt Stafford.

Comeback doesn't necessarily mean comeback from an injury. It can go to a guy who's revived his career. Either way dude, this is just an opinion. You are free to nominate someone else. Lol.

Yep, as already stated, injury is only one possible criterion:

The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award has been given out after every season since 1972 (except for 1985) by Pro Football Weekly. The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.

Avril has 11 sacks, if thats weak, I'll take it.

Meanwhile the people who were voted into the pro bowl have 15.5-18.5 sacks...

PlayerTacklesSacksFFFRINTTD
Jared Allen6118.54410
Jason Babin38183000
Jason Pierre-Paul8115.52000
Cliff Avril36116311

You might be able to make a case for him over Pierre-Paul, but even that's debatable with how much weight people give to aacks, afterall, after looking at his stats you yourself chose to single point out his sacks, rather than his defensive TD, INT, or 6 FFs.

Note that postseason awards will be announced next weekend, if anyone wanted to make any predictions. Keep in mind that votes were cast I believe on 1/4, prior to any playoff games.

Cam Newton is headed to the Pro Bowl to replace Eli Manning. Should see a parade of people opt out for medical reasons this week, completely changing the roster.

No Tebowmania for the Pro Bowl, Dalton going since Brady is in the big game, and Ben is reportedly planning on going/playing leaving Tebow out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts