NFL Redzone (ch. 155) disappeared off guide...

knickspree

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Alaska
I live in Bush Alaska and can only hit Satellite 119, and I had "NFL Redzone" since I've lived up here on channel 155. Suddenly when September hit, the channel completely disappeared. I got on the phone yesterday with Dish Network, and they trouble-shooted me through every single possible option. They finally said "We're going to send you a new receiver, and that will fix the problem." But I also have friend in my village that also can't suddenly get channel 155....will sending out a new receiver fix this problem?

It doesn't make sense to me when they say they can't communicate and "hit my receiver" because on friday they hit it by adding the new sports package. They also upgraded my program guide and all that jazz...what could be the reason that 1 single channel just doesn't suddenly appear anymore? It hasn't moved...and they claim NFL redzone is still on Satellite 119...bizarre....

This is a strange issue, please send me a PM with your phone or account number and I'll be happy to see if there is anything else that the representative may have missed. Thanks!

I live in Bush Alaska and can only hit Satellite 119, and I had "NFL Redzone" since I've lived up here on channel 155. Suddenly when September hit, the channel completely disappeared. I got on the phone yesterday with Dish Network, and they trouble-shooted me through every single possible option. They finally said "We're going to send you a new receiver, and that will fix the problem." But I also have friend in my village that also can't suddenly get channel 155....will sending out a new receiver fix this problem?

It doesn't make sense to me when they say they can't communicate and "hit my receiver" because on friday they hit it by adding the new sports package. They also upgraded my program guide and all that jazz...what could be the reason that 1 single channel just doesn't suddenly appear anymore? It hasn't moved...and they claim NFL redzone is still on Satellite 119...bizarre....

I live in Hawaii and had a somewhat different but similar issue with NFL Network about a year ago. It turned out that my "personal favorites" list was set for the HD channel and that channel was no longer available to us at that location (even though it was showing as unlocked and available). DISH tech support had me go through all the tests, etc. and told me that I should be able to get that channel. After a number of unsuccessful attempts to get it, they walked me through displaying all the SD channels and I had it in SD.

I started searching through the guide and finally found an HD feed for NFL Network on 5507.

It's kinda the same issue with the RSN's. In the past, I sometimes received the HD feed. These days I never get the HD feed for the RSN's even though they show up as unlocked and available in the guide. When I tune into the HD RSN's, the message comes up saying that there was a complete signal loss.

There have been similar instances with other channels where the HD signal just stopped at the regular location and I had to find it in the 5000 range.

I don't watch RedZone but I see it as SD only at 155 in my guide. Did you ever have it in HD? Is it possible you may have been tuned in to an HD feed that is no longer available and your guide is not set up to show SD channels?

With my current setup in Alaska, I can't get any HD channels. So unfortunately, that isn't the issue. I did go through the channel lock setup tho, with Dish Network and nothing was locked. It's just odd, that a single SD-only channel would disappear completely.

It looks like red zone may be on 110.

It is...I had 2 reps at Dish swear to me over the phone it was still on "119"...thanks for that info...I just called Dish Tech, and canceled everything since I can only receive 119 where I live...bummer, I absolutely loved Red Zone, it's a shame they switched it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)