NFL reportedly moving to 'suspend' Pro Bowl

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
NFL reportedly moving to 'suspend' Pro Bowlhttp://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-26/pro-bowl-suspend-cancel-kill-afc-nfc-all-star-game-hawaii I have no opinion pro or con on this proposal,since I don't really watch the Pro Bowl anymore anyway.

If they really want to keep some sort of an "all-star" game what they should do is eliminate the bye week for each team and put the game or skills competition or whatever you want to call it in the middle of the schedule, and have a bye week for all teams be that week.

If they really want to keep some sort of an "all-star" game what they should do is eliminate the bye week for each team and put the game or skills competition or whatever you want to call it in the middle of the schedule, and have a bye week for all teams be that week.

Wouldn't ever happen, doesn't make much sense.

"You're among the best in the league, congrats! Everyone is getting a week off but you and your teams will be spending their bye preparing for their next opponent without you there that week. Good luck, hope you don't get injured!"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
cosmo_kramer said:
The NFLPA will most likely have a say too. Seems like the players like the money and free Hawaiian vaca for them and their families....

You can still give the Pro Bowl selectees (I would imagine it will be an award and no longer a game) a trophy, some cash, and round-trip airfare. Problem solved. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

You can still give the Pro Bowl selectees (I would imagine it will be an award and no longer a game) a trophy, some cash, and round-trip airfare. Problem solved. :)

With no revenue (TV, ticket, merchandise, etc.) coming in to pay for it?? They didn't build what they have by giving things away.

The league's not that crazy... ;)

I've been saying this for years,just make it an award like MVP,defensive player of the year etc......
recognition for being one of the top players at your position.

This is what I expect as well.

Players still get selected to the Pro Bowl game and thier money for making it, just no game.

I along with most here, no longer watch it.

Last edited: